Client rewrite β-testing

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Client rewrite β-testing

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jul 25, 2020 3:33 pm

loftar wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Well I almost get nothing. Bounded "Rotate left" to [P], which just results in "ppppp[0]" at the bottom of the map-view marker list.

Right, by the "map view", I didn't mean the map window or the minimap, but the main game view. Sorry, it's just the term I use for it.

mvgulik wrote:Great ... Linux, Mint 19.3 with Java 8 too I take it. :|

Not exactly, but Debian 9.13 with Oracle Java 8 and OpenJDK 11, so I don't think there should be a significant difference in that particular regard.

Rechecked with OpenJDK 11. (vs OpenJDK 8). No difference, ie: also not working as expected.

With "p" bound to "rotate left" it just triggers the "Push" action. With key "d" instead of "p" nothing happens.

So it seems that the key detection itself seems to works ok (for menu stuff at least). But why 'these' keys-binds give different results on different systems ... that completely baffles me.

Debian's vs Ubuntu(+Mint) == Insanely stable vs Not so stable/more quirks. (especially for Mint in my view) ... Mint Cinnamon btw.

I'm out of ideas. :(
mvgulik

Postby loftar » Sun Jul 26, 2020 12:02 am

mvgulik wrote:With "p" bound to "rotate left" it just triggers the "Push" action. With key "d" instead of "p" nothing happens.

Do the default keybindings (left/right arrow) work? I'm not really sure how to debug this without modifying the code to add debug messages or such.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jul 26, 2020 4:31 am

loftar wrote:
mvgulik wrote:With "p" bound to "rotate left" it just triggers the "Push" action. With key "d" instead of "p" nothing happens.

Do the default keybindings (left/right arrow) work? I'm not really sure how to debug this without modifying the code to add debug messages or such.

Yes, those keys do work when bound to other none-camera actions. (ie: using left-arrow, when its bound to "hide gui", will hide the gui)
mvgulik

Postby ElSid » Tue Jul 28, 2020 7:54 pm

Nameplates for tamed animals are placed wrongly:

Purus Pasta Client:
ElSid

Postby boshaw » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:02 pm

ElSid wrote:Nameplates for tamed animals are placed wrongly:

Are you playing with a render scale that's not 1x?
boshaw

Postby ElSid » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:57 pm

boshaw wrote:
ElSid wrote:Nameplates for tamed animals are placed wrongly:

Are you playing with a render scale that's not 1x?

Yes, 2x.
ElSid

Postby iamahh » Tue Aug 11, 2020 5:27 pm

the new engine surprised me, specially the Render Scale feature, could be very useful for zooming out fast

I still miss interface options like windows for for hands and belts, stuff that you use all the time, could be shown on start and integrated if you check an option

also :cam bad 4 life, I hope it keeps as an option, I can't stand ortho for too long, also zoom speed option, and option for auto Render Scale based on zoom level, a slidebar for the autoscale/zoom relation, could be cool as non default option

small stuff like Ctrl+G showing grids, Shift+C alternating cam, transfer item in both orders of ql, ascending and descending...
iamahh

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Aug 11, 2020 6:49 pm

iamahh wrote:the new engine surprised me, specially the Render Scale feature, could be very useful for zooming out fast

I still miss interface options like windows for for hands and belts, stuff that you use all the time, could be shown on start and integrated if you check an option

also :cam bad 4 life, I hope it keeps as an option, I can't stand ortho for too long, also zoom speed option, and option for auto Render Scale based on zoom level, a slidebar for the autoscale/zoom relation, could be cool as non default option

small stuff like Ctrl+G showing grids, Shift+C alternating cam, transfer item in both orders of ql, ascending and descending...

Hey, the devs have said they plan on never adding some of that stuff to the default client.
DDDsDD999

Postby Schattengaenger » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 pm

loftar wrote:
boshaw wrote:I also noticed this while playing on it, but I figured it was just that audiobuf setting?

That would be my guess too. There should be no changes whatsoever to the audio system in the new client.

Well after avoiding the new client for so long I think I have a decently long list of bugs that need fixing (some eventually, others better sooner than later)
Starting with the sound bug:
Since it is hard to accuratly discribe what this bug sounds like I made a recording:
Indoors, trying to play a song on my violine (extra points for guessing the songname) https://soundcloud.com/mannyxviii/test-hnh

The audibuf 8192 command helped but it is kind of strange still, since i never experienced it anywhere else (meaning past vanilla clients and cutsom clients)
Edit: also would it be possible to make the client save this setting? It is abit tedious to always have to type it in again when you start the client.

Onto the next.
Just like the auido before I get micro stutters withthe general graphics, but in set intervals of about 1.3 to 1.4 seconds.
Is there something like the audiobuf command for this aswell? And while we're at it: Was there a particular reason to disable the bghz command? I got two monitors and it is really soring for my eyes to see haven dropping to 5 fps every time I do something on the second monitor.

the last two are minor glitches:
1. when holding a violine and moving around any cape you wear will clip through the character
cape bug 2.png
cape bug 2.png (204.09 KiB) Viewed 1077 times

2. I made a flag out of felt and in the amber clinet it showed the material, but I guess the new client didn't yet get the memo that this is possible.
flag bug amber.jpg
flag bug amber.jpg (46.84 KiB) Viewed 1077 times

flag bug.jpg
flag bug.jpg (53.08 KiB) Viewed 1077 times
Last edited by Schattengaenger on Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Schattengaenger

Postby shubla » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:10 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:2. I made a flag out of felt and in the amber clinet it showed the material, but I guess the new client didn't yet get the memo that this is possible.
flag bug amber.jpg

flag bug.jpg

https://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=69334
This has already been previously reported in the thread above.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements