Client rewrite β-testing

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Client rewrite β-testing

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jun 17, 2020 11:49 am

Nice smoothing of displayed quality text ... to bad its also making them kinda unreadable.

Beauty before Functionality I take it. O well.
mvgulik

Postby vatas » Wed Jun 17, 2020 2:11 pm

mvgulik wrote:Image
Nice smoothing of displayed quality text ... to bad its also making them kinda unreadable.

Beauty before Functionality I take it. O well.

Agreed, they looked like q98 carrots at first glance.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jul 04, 2020 6:10 pm

Client seems to have the sniffles.

... Darn, where is my mask!
mvgulik

Postby mvgulik » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:47 pm

Odd ...

I'm getting no camera action when using the keys bound to the camera control binds. (any key, like "p" or whatever)
(so) I can bind them. There just not giving any in-game sign of being alive. (camera control binds)

Are them camera control binds working on some other systems? (anyone)
NoGo: Linux, Mint 19.3, Java 8.

I doubt there used much ... but that's kinda besides the point I think.
mvgulik

Postby loftar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 1:24 am

mvgulik wrote:I'm getting no camera action when using the keys bound to the camera control binds. (any key, like "p" or whatever)

They work for me. It should perhaps be noted that the mapview needs to be focused in order for the camera keybinds to work. If that's your problem, just click the map to focus it.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Yesnomaybeso » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:16 am

I"m very much not a computer expert but the hnh game keeps freezing when I try to go in on both Ender's and Amber's client. Once I was able to move fora few seconds lol. I checked the ender link (but Amber has one actually :D) to see if there's a update :D. I apologize I don't know how to copy the error details otherwise I'd have it here. (the game worked well a bit over a day ago, but I have moved so not sure if that's part or cause of it) :D.

Thanks much :D
Yesno
Yesnomaybeso

Postby vatas » Sat Jul 25, 2020 7:50 am

Yesnomaybeso wrote:I"m very much not a computer expert but the hnh game keeps freezing when I try to go in on both Ender's and Amber's client. Once I was able to move fora few seconds lol. I checked the ender link (but Amber has one actually :D) to see if there's a update :D. I apologize I don't know how to copy the error details otherwise I'd have it here. (the game worked well a bit over a day ago, but I have moved so not sure if that's part or cause of it) :D.

Yesno

To my knowledge, no custom client has merged the rendering rewrite yet.

Try using the "play" button below the main logo on the top of the website to launch "default" client, which has the rewrite.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:53 am

Yesnomaybeso wrote:I"m very much not a computer expert but the hnh game keeps freezing when I try to go in on both Ender's and Amber's client. Once I was able to move fora few seconds lol. I checked the ender link (but Amber has one actually :D) to see if there's a update :D. I apologize I don't know how to copy the error details otherwise I'd have it here. (the game worked well a bit over a day ago, but I have moved so not sure if that's part or cause of it) :D.

Yesno

Amber has a built-in updater when it launches. For further help, please follow up with whichever client you're having issues with in The Wizards' Tower. If you're having issues with the standard client, feel free to follow up in the Bugs section or here.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Sat Jul 25, 2020 9:39 am

loftar wrote:
mvgulik wrote:I'm getting no camera action when using the keys bound to the camera control binds. (any key, like "p" or whatever)

They work for me. It should perhaps be noted that the mapview needs to be focused in order for the camera keybinds to work. If that's your problem, just click the map to focus it.

"the mapview needs to be focused" ... :?
Nope, still getting nothing.
Not after a single mouse-click in the mini-map (just in case) ... or the map in the Map-view window.
Not after clicking some map-view marker.

Well I almost get nothing. Bounded "Rotate left" to [P], which just results in "ppppp[0]" at the bottom of the map-view marker list.

"They work for me"
Great ... Linux, Mint 19.3 with Java 8 too I take it. :| (... why do I even bother)
mvgulik

Postby loftar » Sat Jul 25, 2020 2:03 pm

mvgulik wrote:Well I almost get nothing. Bounded "Rotate left" to [P], which just results in "ppppp[0]" at the bottom of the map-view marker list.

Right, by the "map view", I didn't mean the map window or the minimap, but the main game view. Sorry, it's just the term I use for it.

mvgulik wrote:Great ... Linux, Mint 19.3 with Java 8 too I take it. :|

Not exactly, but Debian 9.13 with Oracle Java 8 and OpenJDK 11, so I don't think there should be a significant difference in that particular regard.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements