Client rewrite β-testing

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Client rewrite β-testing

Postby borka » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:42 am

honestly i got more worse performance on this than on Amber ...
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby Aethyr » Wed Mar 11, 2020 4:15 pm

As suggested by MagicManICT, I'll ask here if it is possible to implement a "force hardware cursor" option in the client.

Playing on mac is otherwise painful, mouse moves sooooo slowly.

Anyway, I can report a neat increase in performance between this and the old client, on a new macbook 15''.
Aethyr

Postby ubersheva » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:20 am

Cave dust effect (the falling dust particles when mining near cave-in) never shows.
ubersheva

Postby ubersheva » Fri Mar 13, 2020 6:22 am

Aethyr wrote:As suggested by MagicManICT, I'll ask here if it is possible to implement a "force hardware cursor" option in the client.

Playing on mac is otherwise painful, mouse moves sooooo slowly.

Anyway, I can report a neat increase in performance between this and the old client, on a new macbook 15''.

Support the mouse issue - trying to right-click an animal with a rope or a clover leads to a lot of frustration.
ubersheva

Postby ubersheva » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:04 am

New client sometimes hangs during fights, had a couple of concussions and lost sheep while taming due to this :( After immediate relog it may hang again, but sometimes not and lets me continue the fight. Sound of combat continues playing when hang, looks like only rendering hangs. This happens both on windows and on mac.
Also sometimes I see the instantiation ids exception while wandering around, sometimes it also causes client to hang. May be that combat hang is also caused by this.
ubersheva

Postby svino » Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:56 am

ubersheva wrote:New client sometimes hangs during fights, had a couple of concussions and lost sheep while taming due to this :( After immediate relog it may hang again, but sometimes not and lets me continue the fight. Sound of combat continues playing when hang, looks like only rendering hangs. This happens both on windows and on mac.
Also sometimes I see the instantiation ids exception while wandering around, sometimes it also causes client to hang. May be that combat hang is also caused by this.

Yeah, it seems like some thread deadlock issue. It makes it extremely dangerous to play with the beta client at the moment.
svino

Postby czaper2 » Tue Mar 17, 2020 5:48 am

borka wrote:honestly i got more worse performance on this than on Amber ...

I came here to see if this thing even worked, and here's my answer.
czaper2

Postby VDZ » Sat Mar 21, 2020 11:59 pm

MightySheep wrote:when will this thing be "officially finished"? my fps is dogshit and the amber client guy said he wont use this till its officially finished

Presumably once it's been tested enough to have all major bugs ironed out, but with custom clients not merging it in that testing isn't happening - bug risks aside, I've found it hard to play without all the custom client features I'm used to. I'm willing to help test the new rendering (even if it'll crash my client every now and then), but not willing to play without the custom client features.
VDZ

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 22, 2020 12:05 am

VDZ wrote:Presumably once it's been tested enough to have all major bugs ironed out, but with custom clients not merging it in that testing isn't happening - bug risks aside, I've found it hard to play without all the custom client features I'm used to. I'm willing to help test the new rendering (even if it'll crash my client every now and then), but not willing to play without the custom client features.

My guess is that he's had to backtrack a little bit because of the Mac problem from a few pages ago and support for different versions of OpenGL. I've no idea how much will need to be rewritten or simply nudged, but it may take a bit of time. (Hopefully not much longer since that last informational update.)
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Aethyr » Sun Mar 22, 2020 1:15 am

Am I the only one that finds those "X" for closing tabs definitely too small? I missclick them 90% of the time...
Aethyr

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements