Game Development: Spring Cleaning

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Spring Cleaning

Postby Fostik » Thu Jan 16, 2020 12:04 am

Please revert damage formula change for monsters, small annoying creatures like bats or ants requires more hits to kill, this is tedious not fight.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jan 16, 2020 6:50 am

MightySheep wrote:any game dev who thinks me gonna be looking at spreadsheets, graphs and equations just to play game is very optimistic

You don't need to if you don't want to. You can follow someone else's "leveling up" guide like so many others do in so many other games. If you want to be an expert at a stats system or already are on some games, you probably already know how to read the spreadsheets and build them to min/max characters. Even without this change, Haven has had in the past and currently has more than a few "spreadsheet workshop" moments.

SnuggleSnail wrote:A 10 con character has more effective HP vs. B12 cleaves than my main after it consumes 2 heart containers, and situationally more effective HP without containers verse a bunch of other attack varieties

It's a valid balance issue, and I agree with your assessment. I'm not sure I like the change as a whole, but if this were to be fixed, would it be something reasonable to work around or to consider as a fair and balanced change for competitions sake?

Fostik wrote:Please revert damage formula change for monsters, small annoying creatures like bats or ants requires more hits to kill, this is tedious not fight.

Agree. This should ONLY apply to PvP. I miss being able to 1-hit bats (well, 3 hit--two for openings, one for the actual damage). As was complained about elsewhere, it's a hard nerf to mining, esp when bats are blocking your cart path and you can't just bat cape around them.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby jordancoles » Tue Jan 21, 2020 6:51 pm

That is the most obnoxious spambot that I have ever seen ^

Dude literally put the entire alphabet with each letter on an individual line, followed by the numbers 1-10

Christ.
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:17 pm

jorb wrote:[*] You may now teleport using charter stones with an outlaw debuff active. This mechanic was originally intended to prevent hearth vault jumping by outlaws, but given present siege system we're not confident that it matters much, while the ability to rapidly aid other fighters might. May change again in some way in the future, but for now you can travel freely.

Enjoy!

So now ANY public (= accessible for ppl w/o master keys) charterstone serves as free gates for criminals. And any scum can use it for both getting straight to the point for criminal actions (like bashing knarr-docks of half-continent peaceful villages in one hour) and jumping out into the vault.

More than that - you can't do anything with the criminal. Even if you track them and gather enough forces to siege their vault - they can always just jump into another vault far away from sieged one and just sit there.
Good move!
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Feb 10, 2020 4:50 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:bashing knarr-docks

tbh make 2.5 barrels of tar bashable is kinda stupid (when 2glue and 10 leather takes 24hrs to destroy)
destroying/killing alts/HF near rare resources and annoying claims will cost week without charter for normal players
ctopolon4

Previous

Return to Announcements