Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Postby wonder-ass » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:20 pm

bring back herd animals horses cows goats sheep boars are all herd animals reeeee.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:23 pm

wonder-ass wrote:bring back herd animals horses cows goats sheep boars are all herd animals reeeee.

We have goat herds in the wild... and wolf packs. We should have these, too... Though as a thought for balance, would it be a bit much for taming if you can just clover the whole herd? goats are at least semi-aggressive so trying to tame them is a risk (I, at least, wait for one to wander away from the herd).
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Vegan420 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 11:26 pm

wonder-ass wrote:return back a single slider which will be on one side combat and the other peaceful
  • combat gives 20% griev damage like murderous rage.
  • peaceful makes it so you inherit like 80% of your stats back.

this way death is less punishing but still relevant. choosing one side should make it so you cant change it for a while, time is up for debate.

losing 55% of stats is extremely punishing and most people tend to just quit after.

also while on the topic of archery instead of just adding constant stupid gimicks to it how about combining it with melee combat?
red green blue yellow moves it could be fairly balanced tbh because you actually need arrows to stay useful. mm would work exactly how ua mc works.

>also while on the topic of archery instead of just adding constant stupid gimicks to it how about combining it with melee combat?
red green blue yellow moves it could be fairly balanced tbh because you actually need arrows to stay useful. mm would work exactly how ua mc works

I >really< like this idea. It reminds me how archery worked in Tibia. Equip a bow, arrows/quiver and it would auto shoot when you are in range.
Your idea could combine it into the actual combat mechanics the game already has. Although arguably, drawing a bow from a sword stance would take a bit of time. But it is realistic to have fairly rapid draws. There are marksmen on youtube who can shoot like 2 arrows a second from a hand pulled bow. They dispute the whole ''it takes a long time to fire a bow'' thing
Vegan420

Postby drakesaint » Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:12 pm

I vote for the return of the Beliefs slider, but with less game-changing potentials.
drakesaint

Postby blinx » Tue Mar 10, 2020 1:05 am

So if I'm reading this right, any animal can continue to attack knocked out players - and they only have a CHANCE to disenegage with each attack. Meaning bats, badgers, and wolverines can be straight up lethal to new characters, and one can easily die to creatures they're just barely not strong enough to fight.

Sounds pretty like a pretty cruel change, but okay.
blinx

Postby Sevenless » Tue Mar 10, 2020 2:01 am

blinx wrote:So if I'm reading this right, any animal can continue to attack knocked out players - and they only have a CHANCE to disenegage with each attack. Meaning bats, badgers, and wolverines can be straight up lethal to new characters, and one can easily die to creatures they're just barely not strong enough to fight.

Sounds pretty like a pretty cruel change, but okay.

It's been like this before. Generally less "dangerous" animals have a bigger chance to disengage in my experience. Boars for example are kinda gentle.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Previous

Return to Announcements