Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:27 pm

Sacraer wrote:so many tears and whiners in this game... I played with the rage for 7 months and fought in every fight, I fought against HH without rage knowing that they could kill me in battle, and I only can knock out my opponent. But my character is still alive, maybe ppls who is unhappy just worth changing the genre of the game? I want to remind H&H this is hardcore that's why I play this game

what are you talking about lol 99% of our high stat bois had rage the only people with out rage were low stat bois thatll get kod in 1 cleave. i had like 30% your stats and had rage. let me remind you why the game died out so fast huge stat gap and too much of a grind to stay relevant with most important stuff being locked behind a huge spiral bot fest.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby Resture » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:00 pm

This is a pretty good update. I started playing this game for its punishing death so I am happy you guys took a step back. Game was turning way too casual.
Resture

Postby VDZ » Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:33 pm

Sacraer wrote:for people who can’t avoid the fight, u need know the problem is in you, the combat system is currently twice as beneficial for the person who runs away and with the skill and self-control you can easily avoid the fight. you have speed buffs, animal abuses and other things

None of which help when you get ganked 5v1 by people with 5+ times your stats. The real skill is in not aggroing griefers.
VDZ

Postby ZantetsukenX » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:58 am

Sacraer wrote:so many tears and whiners in this game... I played with the rage for 7 months and fought in every fight, I fought against HH without rage knowing that they could kill me in battle, and I only can knock out my opponent. But my character is still alive, maybe ppls who is unhappy just worth changing the genre of the game? I want to remind H&H this is hardcore that's why I play this game

That may be why YOU play the game, but there's a good 70-80% of other players who play the game because of the other genres (city building, crafting, gathering) the game falls under. If you are happy with the current population level of the game (100-200 players a day), and want to see those numbers within a month of a new world, then this is a good change for that.

Maybe a different way to go about making it so death is punishing for hardcore players, and not as bad for noobs would be to make it so if you have lower stats you can get back close to 100% of it back, but after a certain threshold it becomes a lower and lower maximum return. So like 100 in each stat or lower guarantees a 100% return, 200 or lower gets you 90%, and so on until a bottom cap of the current percentage. Numbers can be adjusted and the end result can be that people with 1000s of stats are still stuck with the current rate of return.
ZantetsukenX

Postby maze » Tue Feb 04, 2020 5:25 am

Most of the hardcores are tired of the kill/death mechanics ontop of trying to keep up with bots (farmers bots are what keep people ahead...)

I'm glad things are being looked at in combat... but I really would like to see town advancements at some point.

Are modular buildings still going to be a thing at some point?
I know you had your own idea to it/
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Kostetus » Tue Feb 04, 2020 7:47 am

Sigh, i guess the only staff left to do from this topic viewtopic.php?f=48&t=66939 are removing anvil spyraling & cropgrind, maknig pointless anything but eating & fighting,thou in this case the game should be renamed to "world of tanks 2" . Seiously if SnuggleSnail got some anger management issues or cant communicate normally with other people we shouldnt be all punished for that. The pvp factions isnt the only one playin this game , there r plenty of other pll just logging in to grind crops a bit or even do some roleplay. For them rage was guarantiin that they might loose some items i case they've met unfriendly player, but whey WONT loose months of time invested in their toon.Dunno about others but ive sort of lost count how many times i was KOed by a completly random person im seeing first time, just to be robbed & all my belongings dropped in water aka basically for the fun of it& on top of that nowdays the murderer can use any charter to teleport back to the safety of the walls, great.
Guys, can you please stop changing the rules every other patch & focus a bit more on staff that is actually broken. For instance we still have to eat not pick treeseeds in lumberjack credo, getting spring quests to pick mushrooms that are only awailable in autumn & seein a lot of other stuff messed like half a year ago with seasons update.
Kostetus

Postby captainmorgan » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:09 pm

So previously I didn't buy rage because only characters with rage could be murdered, and I didn't feel like being murdered. Now it seems that protection no-longer applies, so why would I not buy rage?
captainmorgan

Postby Sacraer » Tue Feb 04, 2020 1:13 pm

wonder-ass wrote:

what are you talking about lol 99% of our high stat bois had rage the only people with out rage were low stat bois thatll get kod in 1 cleave. i had like 30% your stats and had rage. let me remind you why the game died out so fast huge stat gap and too much of a grind to stay relevant with most important stuff being locked behind a huge spiral bot fest.

we both know problem isn't in stats u can check all my video or ozzy i have same stats with him and berthedin. as for u, man u just didn't play game and come on alts 300 stats... its ur mistake not game. And how i know ozzy was report my village for spiraling bots and jorb didn't find it. But i know hh have it xd
Sacraer

Postby wonder-ass » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:22 pm

wonder-ass wrote:too much of a grind to stay relevant
in this game people grind more numbers than they actually play the game.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Feb 04, 2020 2:22 pm

Sacraer wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:

we both know problem isn't in stats u can check all my video or ozzy i have same stats with him and berthedin. as for u, man u just didn't play game and come on alts 300 stats... its ur mistake not game. And how i know ozzy was report my village for spiraling bots and jorb didn't find it. But i know hh have it xd

Your villager's realm was literally nuked for refusing to tell jorb about his insanely bugged food and your other ally was abusing the fep variety thing. You're so delusional.
DDDsDD999

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements