Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: An Arrow to the Knee

Postby AriZona » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:20 am

This KO change is very silly and shortsighted (speaking gently), and it solves nothing literally. The only thing is that player drop out rate will be faster.
AriZona

Postby Sacraer » Wed Feb 05, 2020 12:37 am

DDDsDD999 wrote:
Sacraer wrote:
wonder-ass wrote:
what are you talking about lol 99% of our high stat bois had rage the only people with out rage were low stat bois thatll get kod in 1 cleave. i had like 30% your stats and had rage. let me remind you why the game died out so fast huge stat gap and too much of a grind to stay relevant with most important stuff being locked behind a huge spiral bot fest.

we both know problem isn't in stats u can check all my video or ozzy i have same stats with him and berthedin. as for u, man u just didn't play game and come on alts 300 stats... its ur mistake not game. And how i know ozzy was report my village for spiraling bots and jorb didn't find it. But i know hh have it xd

Your villager's realm was literally nuked for refusing to tell jorb about his insanely bugged food and your other ally was abusing the fep variety thing. You're so delusional.

my realm remained completely intact and harmless, and noone of the AD abused bugs in this world, all the people who did it got a ban, I regret that my allies did it but my ppls have nothing to do with it, You're so delusional.
it’s funny to talk with someone who wants to raise the reputation of their faction from their knees, even with lies
Sacraer

Postby Ants » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:34 am

ivka wrote:
Ants wrote:
shubla wrote:Why you hate peaceful players so? First this, and then still no colors for sketches!

WE NEED MORE COLORS NOW!!! I can't make Pinkie Pie the pony look good without a proper pink pigment and Twilight Sparkle looks like ass without a proper purple pigment. Literally game breaking tbh :( :( :( :(

16 color EGA palette would be just SO awesome! Not these awkward colors... :?

Definitely. Check out the sacrifices I had to make to turn art into a mural:
the lack of grey pigment, brown pigment and different shades of various colors messed up the accuracy quite a bit.

ZantetsukenX wrote:
Sacraer wrote:so many tears and whiners in this game... I played with the rage for 7 months and fought in every fight, I fought against HH without rage knowing that they could kill me in battle, and I only can knock out my opponent. But my character is still alive, maybe ppls who is unhappy just worth changing the genre of the game? I want to remind H&H this is hardcore that's why I play this game

That may be why YOU play the game, but there's a good 70-80% of other players who play the game because of the other genres (city building, crafting, gathering) the game falls under. If you are happy with the current population level of the game (100-200 players a day), and want to see those numbers within a month of a new world, then this is a good change for that.

Maybe a different way to go about making it so death is punishing for hardcore players, and not as bad for noobs would be to make it so if you have lower stats you can get back close to 100% of it back, but after a certain threshold it becomes a lower and lower maximum return. So like 100 in each stat or lower guarantees a 100% return, 200 or lower gets you 90%, and so on until a bottom cap of the current percentage. Numbers can be adjusted and the end result can be that people with 1000s of stats are still stuck with the current rate of return.

That solution actually sounds quite good to me.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MarcusXDead » Wed Feb 05, 2020 2:48 pm

The mechanic by which arrows would reduce the quality of animals has been removed. (Later addition. In effect after next restart.)

Btw does it apply only to arrows, or to slingshots/stones as well? What about thrown spears?
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Feb 06, 2020 1:31 am

tfw going through jorbstream withdrawals
Zentetsuken

Postby Audiosmurf » Thu Feb 06, 2020 3:17 am

Zentetsuken wrote:Image

tfw going through jorbstream withdrawals

We need to curfew this guy he's got the virus :x
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby stya » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 am

Can we get a fix for the stockpiles + barter pole :D ?
stya

Postby MarcusXDead » Fri Feb 07, 2020 10:07 am

Btw just noticed.
All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Minstrel's Cap". free of charge.

Silver subs get nothing now? Is it a new policy, or one-time event?
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby Hrenli » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:00 am

MarcusXDead wrote:Btw just noticed.
All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Minstrel's Cap". free of charge.

Silver subs get nothing now? Is it a new policy, or one-time event?

It was not uncommon before either. For example:

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=66940

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=66613

viewtopic.php?f=39&t=66685
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby vatas » Fri Feb 07, 2020 11:08 am

I've been under impression that Gold subscribers get a free hat every patch, and silver subscribers get one every other (50% of the time.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements