Prelude: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 12

Postby Mario_Demorez » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:58 pm

I might be understanding this wrong but...

Effectively no matter how much you play you’re capable of losing all of your stuff in 20 minutes during an 8 hour window at least once every two weeks. Sounds dumb. Sounds bad. Sounds like you guys didn’t even think that one through.
Mario_Demorez

Postby boshaw » Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:59 pm

jorb wrote:SIEGE
----------------
  • Village & Personal Claims, in addition to their authority upkeep, now have a "Power Level", ranging from 0 to 5.
  • Increasing the "Power Level" of a claim is initiated by clicking the "Charge" button in the claim's interface.
  • Once a "Power Level" increase has been initiated, there is a 24 RL hour delay, during which nothing happens.
  • After the 24 hour period concludes, there is an 8 RL hour weakness window during which the claim's "Power Level" counts as zero.
  • After the 8 hour period concludes, the claim's "Power Level" is increased by one.
  • The claim naturally loses one "Power Level" over the course of two RL weeks.
  • The "Power Level" of a claim, finally, determines how long Battering Rams need to dry before they can attack the various wall types on the claim.
  • Drying time for Battering Rams per "Power Level" & Wall Type:
    • Level 0: Palisades: 20min, Brick Walls: 1h
    • Level 1: Palisades: 3h, Brick Walls: 4h
    • Level 2: Palisades: 6h, Brick Walls: 8h
    • Level 3: Palisades: 15h, Brick Walls: 20h
    • Level 4: Palisades: 24h, Brick Walls: 32h
    • Level 5: Palisades: 24h, Brick Walls: 32h

Am I reading this right? So every two weeks my village is going to lose a "Power Level" and when I go to upgrade it back to 5 or w/e there will be an 8 hour window, 24 hours later where my village can just be absolutely shit on simply because I upgraded it? And people can inspect the claims to know when to do this since it'll tell them the power level?
boshaw

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:00 pm

holy shit
probably gonna be super casual next world because I'm kinda burned out atm
NeoBasilisk

Postby razfen » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:04 pm

boshaw wrote:
----------------
  • Village & Personal Claims, in addition to their authority upkeep, now have a "Power Level", ranging from 0 to 5.
  • Increasing the "Power Level" of a claim is initiated by clicking the "Charge" button in the claim's interface.
  • Once a "Power Level" increase has been initiated, there is a 24 RL hour delay, during which nothing happens.
  • After the 24 hour period concludes, there is an 8 RL hour weakness window during which the claim's "Power Level" counts as zero.
  • After the 8 hour period concludes, the claim's "Power Level" is increased by one.
  • The "Power Level" of a claim, finally, determines how long Battering Rams need to dry before they can attack the various wall types on the claim.

Am I reading this right? So every two weeks my village is going to lose a "Power Level" and when I go to upgrade it back to 5 or w/e there will be an 8 hour window, 24 hours later where my village can just be absolutely shit on simply because I upgraded it? And people can inspect the claims to know when to do this since it'll tell them the power level?

I think the idea might be to force fights during those particular times. It'll bring some interesting siege play, that's for sure. I'm not against the idea. You just gotta make sure to have everyone online during the vulnerability period.

inb4 noobs: They just gotta join a well coordinated village, or be coordinated themselves.
MagicManICT wrote:Not really any purpose of this thread other than to get a simple answer that some of you special children don't seem to know how to give. Everyone's got to be a fukkin comedian....
razfen

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:07 pm

razfen wrote:I think the idea might be to force fights during those particular times. It'll bring some interesting siege play, that's for sure. I'm not against the idea. You just gotta make sure to have everyone online during the vulnerability period.

This is what I'm thinking... or at least have people around that can give out the call on discord or something if someone does try to drop siege during this period.

Personally, I'd rather there be some sort of regular cost players have to feed into it rather than this just blank period of "high risk."
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby RickyP602 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:09 pm

Why did you announce this right after winter right when people were just getting into playing again and then put a 12 day timer on it?!?! That really feels like shit after just starting again a few weeks ago slogging through winter and now having a useless 2 weeks to wait to play again.
RickyP602

Postby fallout » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:14 pm

Obligatory: I just spent the weekend doing spring cleaning and now Im quitting until reset to play hella casually, if at all.

post stream edit, tbh I had started to let my guard down as I was kinda expecting one to be announced the start of February, and since it had been 3 weeks I was more hoping to see a larger feature added, stuff that might create large imbalances and thus after a few, would require an resetupdate. Hopefully this brings some old faces back and a fresh slate is always fun.
Last edited by fallout on Mon Feb 24, 2020 1:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
fallout

Postby Neon14 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:15 pm

Hype ty

Siege window is nut
Last edited by Neon14 on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BigStronk
Neon14

Postby DPblH » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:17 pm

boshaw wrote:Am I reading this right? So every two weeks my village is going to lose a "Power Level" and when I go to upgrade it back to 5 or w/e there will be an 8 hour window, 24 hours later where my village can just be absolutely shit on simply because I upgraded it? And people can inspect the claims to know when to do this since it'll tell them the power level?

Moreover, since timers are fixed, they can calculate your free raid gate.
Give a man a game engine and he delivers a game. Teach a man how to make a game engine and he never delivers anything.
DPblH

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:19 pm

Dang, I won't have much time to play that weekend. Will need to take some time off work after the weekend to play more then.

boshaw wrote:
----------------

The claim doesn't turn off; drying time for battering rams is just reduced to 20 minutes during that 8-hour interval. People still need to spend the resources to build a ram and wait for 20 minutes to attack you (and hope you have loot decent enough to make it worth waiting those 20 minutes for), and you'll still get your scents.

bmjclark wrote:Doesn't that siege change just bring us right back to having 1 village enclosed by another being the safe way to go. If you offset the times that you upgrade your power level in the 2 villages you never have to worry about the 8 hour vulnerability period (IE, if your outer ring gets destroyed, who cares your inner village is still fine. Alternatively your inner village is getting the power level upgrade but your outer village is still solid). This just seems to fuck hermits who don't want to bother with all that hard.

I'm also questioning if this system doesn't have too many holes in it. My first thought as a hermit was that I'll need a secondary base where I stash my most valuable goods for two days whenever I need to upgrade.

MagicManICT wrote:
julian12it wrote:Can we make credos less cancerous maybe?

Like? Some specific examples of what you don't like would help. If you have a post in C&I about it, sharing the link of your old post would be appropriate here.

For me, the most problematic part is that credo quests are incredibly uneven. One time it's 'chip this rock right in front of you three times', then the next one is 'study this 48-hour curio twice' and you're basically stuck for four days unless you're willing to take the penalty. Most frustratingly, the penalty is that you need to do more credo quests, which further raises the chance of running into a bullshit quest again.

Early game last world there was also the problem that some quests cannot feasibly completed on the continent you're on, so you're forced to drop such quests until you have a way of traveling to a different continent.

Vigilance wrote:just make sure map gen changes actually improve the ore gen for this new world or im probably not gonna make it more than a few weeks

Last world's ore distribution was indeed kind of bullshit; entirely locking people out of a type of metal has a very drastic cascading impact on the rest of their industry. Can we instead give certain areas just shitty ores for certain metals instead of no ores at all for certain metals? I'm pretty sure people would prefer getting a lot of heavy earth and some more decent tin ores over having only tin. Perhaps you could add ores that differ in more than just smelting chance? (E.g. ores that degrade in quality when smelted/used in crafting, ores that need further processing to become metal bars, etc.)
Last edited by VDZ on Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements