Prelude: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 12

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:00 pm

jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Yorla » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:12 pm

Removing metal spiraling AND capping crops will basically lay a hardcap on everything in the world. What would we do when the cap is reached? And how soon it will happen?
And here I should apologize for my spelling... But I won't! Deal with it :P
Yorla

Postby rye130 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:16 pm

jorb wrote:SIEGE
----------------
  • After the 24 hour period concludes, there is an 8 RL hour weakness window during which the claim's "Power Level" counts as zero.
  • Village's can no longer extend their authority over claims with a "Power Level" of 1 or more, unless the owner of the claim is either a Founding Father of the village, or a member of the village.
  • Villages can "Revoke the Privilege" of any Personal Claim overlapping the Village Claim by any amount.

Does this mean that when a pclaim increase its power level, after 24 hours there is an 8 hour window where it can be village claimed over by anyone and removed through "Revoke the Privilege"? Or does the Pwoer Level counting as 0 only apply to ram dry timers.
rye130

Postby Clemence » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:23 pm

So I have to build a little claim close to my main claim to store my stuff every 2 weeks?
I guess a bot can do the transfert of all my main tools and cupboard, what the point dood ?
Clemence

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Siege:
So virtually 99% of villages are equal to palibashable (or brickwall bashable) for 8 hours every 2 weeks?
Seems like a bad idea. Some pvp guys will boat/ride around with materials for 10 battering rams and siege every place that they meet.
Or alternatively make alts/bots to check on when the vulnerability window comes on claims.
8 hours is too long window and noobs do not have any way of defending themselves. 20 minutes is too short time for drying.

Also, will people start making two claims right next to each other, so they can alternate the siege windows and move chars/goods to the other one if they get sieged? With something like a minehole they could evacuate all their stuff easily.

Quality:
So basically with some luck somebody will gain complete monopoly over crop seed sales? Or by making fields in 100 different places?
Location shouldn't affect crop qualities or growth, especially if you have no way of knowing how they affect them before settling in...
That is just stupid rng mechanic that will ruin many peoples games.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby pawnchito » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:24 pm

Nice video with really cool and promising little hidden things. Well done, super exciting to see the new world but it sucks to leave all the cool stuff we have.

Yorla wrote:Removing metal spiraling AND capping crops will basically lay a hardcap on everything in the world. What would we do when the cap is reached? And how soon it will happen?

This indeed. It seems like the numbers will likely be high as they said they wont come into play for "some time". I also wonder if they can be modified on the fly to increase as needed.

The changes made to the new claim stuff is confusing as shit, I'm going to be honest. So will we have to continously up our power level to maintain max protection? so we will have to camp our base for 8 rl hours at the time of our choosing every few weeks at best?
pawnchito

Postby julian12it » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:27 pm

• Village's can no longer extend their authority over claims with a "Power Level" of 1 or more, unless the owner of the claim is either a Founding Father of the village, or a member of the village.
  • Villages can "Revoke the Privilege" of any Personal Claim overlapping the Village Claim by any amount.

I can see possible early world griefing with players placing down their pclaims next to villages in order to stun their expansion. Could it be possible to make so you're still able to claim over level 0-2's, but after level 0 you cannot revoke the privilege?
julian12it

Postby algeralith » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:31 pm

julian12it wrote:

I can see possible early world griefing with players placing down their pclaims next to villages in order to stun their expansion. Could it be possible to make so you're still able to claim over level 0-2's, but after level 0 you cannot revoke the privilege?

Agreed, I'm pretty sure that was the case in the past. I'd rather not see that make a return.
algeralith

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:33 pm

Will the rendering rewrite-client become the main default client when the world resets? Good way to collect some player feedback about bugs and stuff!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby reticent » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:35 pm

I see some merit in the new siege concept, and the interplay between the offensive siege window and defensive strategies. Besides the dual v-idol approach (which should really be addressed), the defender can:
>build archery towers
>build his own catapult
>build multiple layers of walls to force repair stops for the ram
>maintain an unclaimed fence outside the perimeter of his claim (presumably preventing alt-bot inspection of the claim itself)
>move everything of value to a secure location
>and do this every two weeks
>including the animals, oh god, the animals
>cry for help
>beg for mercy
>give up and quit

However, having to go through yet another maintenance mechanic every two weeks, or risk losing everything of value, isn't my cup of tea. Overall, I don't think the enjoyment derived by a very small portion of the playerbase from obliterating this village, or bullying that hermit is worth making everyone go through the claim shield repair motions every season and twice in the summer.

But, this isn't a terrible idea for making larger factions a bit more vulnerable. One potential solution could be creating an area of security around the village idol or PC, where the "power level" doesn't decrease. So you have a kind of a keep. If worst comes to worst, you lose whatever you have outside, but your most precious stuff is safe, and if invaders want to get in, they have to do it by the old siege mechanic timers. The upside is that, since smaller players have smaller appetites, the proportion of "safe" to "vulnerable" territory is going to be quite a bit higher for them, than for an active village of 10 people. It'd be easy on a hermit, but harder on a faction whose pepper field alone is larger than most middling villages and as the result, won't be covered by the grace zone, and therefore subject to rival vandalism.
reticent

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements