Prelude: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 12

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:35 pm

julian12it wrote:
  • Village's can no longer extend their authority over claims with a "Power Level" of 1 or more, unless the owner of the claim is either a Founding Father of the village, or a member of the village.
  • Villages can "Revoke the Privilege" of any Personal Claim overlapping the Village Claim by any amount.

I can see possible early world griefing with players placing down their pclaims next to villages in order to stun their expansion. Could it be possible to make so you're still able to claim over level 0-2's, but after level 0 you cannot revoke the privilege?

Well... You`ll have 32 hours window to destroy griefers claim. While it is charged to lvl 1. But yes. For larger village it can be a problem.
KwonChiMin

Postby vatas » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:37 pm

HowToDodgeSieges.png

With this setup you can move all your stuff between three vclaims whenever you're vulnerable.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Clemence » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:46 pm

You will not bring casual players into your game that way.
Clemence

Postby dvs » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:50 pm

Time for a siege server and a non-siege server.
dvs

Postby rhzk » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:52 pm

I like this new siege system, but with few tweaks with time - two weeks is a bit too frequent, imo. In theory you must migrate with your precious stuff and livestock to safer place (caravans is a thing now lol). At least there will be some kind of a movement in the gameplay instead of just sitting in your base.
Last edited by rhzk on Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rhzk

Postby Robertzon » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:53 pm

shubla wrote:Will the rendering rewrite-client become the main default client when the world resets? Good way to collect some player feedback about bugs and stuff!

in stream they said it will come later
Robertzon

Postby jorb » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:55 pm

Not at all opposed to various adjustments. These are the changes we have made right now, but I do not mind tweaking, for example, particular timers, the inspection mechanic, or the like.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Ants » Sun Feb 23, 2020 11:59 pm

Remember to make the $100 sub hat a golden sprucecap. And remember to add statues to worldgen, it seems nobody found any this world.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby yuukki » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:00 am

So, basically I need to have two claims so I as a hermit i don't get fucked and loose everything every 2 weeks. This change seems(?) to make anyone who isn't play in a large group basically dead.
yuukki

Postby SaltyCrate » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:02 am

jorb wrote:Not at all opposed to various adjustments. These are the changes we have made right now, but I do not mind tweaking, for example, particular timers, the inspection mechanic, or the like.

Make inspection cost something relevant - simple siegecraft requirement won't do. And probably increase the time between two charges, maybe dependant on the size of the claim or something, with smaller claim having easier time. And then imo the system would be reasonable enough to try it out at least.
SaltyCrate

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements