Prelude: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 12

Postby algeralith » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:20 pm

I think people need to take a minute and read the actual changes to villages.

Like, seriously think of those repercussions. Assuming you are already max power level, you need to raise it back up every two weeks.

That means, once every two weeks, your entire village can be raided in as little as an hour.

Everything you have worked on can be gone, and there is nothing you can do about it.

All the casual players are essentially about to get fucked over, and any big groups will still succeed.

You just encouraged large faction play anymore.

You just encouraged people to write bots that log on semi-regularly just to check a claims status.

This is such a terrible change, and I can not see myself playing with such a system.
algeralith

Postby boshaw » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:22 pm

VDZ wrote:The claim doesn't turn off; drying time for battering rams is just reduced to 20 minutes during that 8-hour interval. People still need to spend the resources to build a ram and wait for 20 minutes to attack you (and hope you have loot decent enough to make it worth waiting those 20 minutes for), and you'll still get your scents.

At 20 mintues/1h it might as well against villages that can spawn an flood of defenders to overwhelm you, and someone having your scents is not that threatening or new for people who will be doing mass raids. :roll: Plus the people doing these raids are likely going to be smart with their village(s) design to avoid it happening them or at the very least minimize the loss.
boshaw

Postby abt79 » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:26 pm

Obligatory:

Also wow that claim Powerlevel system sucks. Can't wait for my village to get fucked every two weeks
abt79

Postby VDZ » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:27 pm

algeralith wrote:Everything you have worked on can be gone, and there is nothing you can do about it.

This is literally not true. You know exactly when you will potentially be raided, and have plenty of options there. You can defend your base, you can try diplomacy (there will probably be factions who just want to screw eachother over), or you can just hide your most valuable stuff elsewhere. Only the structures inside your village are at risk, and those can generally be rebuilt with relative ease if you have the resources to build them in the first place (only exceptions are kiln, smelter and oven I think?).
VDZ

Postby algeralith » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:31 pm

VDZ wrote:
algeralith wrote:Everything you have worked on can be gone, and there is nothing you can do about it.

This is literally not true. You know exactly when you will potentially be raided, and have plenty of options there. You can defend your base, you can try diplomacy (there will probably be factions who just want to screw eachother over), or you can just hide your most valuable stuff elsewhere. Only the structures inside your village are at risk, and those can generally be rebuilt with relative ease if you have the resources to build them in the first place (only exceptions are kiln, smelter and oven I think?).

Or, you know, I can just roll up with my 20 friends and dismantle everything.
algeralith

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:35 pm

With those siege changes rich hermits, small succesful vilages and local markets will be fucked. Real sprucecap-hermits will be protected by their "hermitness", faction villages by 2-layered village claims.
Dunno if that is a good change...
KwonChiMin

Postby wonder-ass » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:38 pm

this new siege shit is terrible revert to w10 shields imo. (with some fixes)
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby shubla » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:46 pm

Make sure to send an email out about it or something!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:47 pm

algeralith wrote:I think people need to take a minute and read the actual changes to villages.
Like, seriously think of those repercussions. Assuming you are already max power level, you need to raise it back up every two weeks.
That means, once every two weeks, your entire village can be raided in as little as an hour.
Everything you have worked on can be gone, and there is nothing you can do about it.
All the casual players are essentially about to get fucked over, and any big groups will still succeed.
You just encouraged large faction play anymore.
You just encouraged people to write bots that log on semi-regularly just to check a claims status.
This is such a terrible change, and I can not see myself playing with such a system.

This times one hundred. This will make playing as a hermit or hermit commune a pain in the ass. Siege needs to be a thing along with perma death but I don't think this is a good way to go about it.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby trinh » Sun Feb 23, 2020 10:48 pm

niah niah
trinh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements