Prelude: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Prelude: World 12

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:04 am

jorb wrote:Not at all opposed to various adjustments. These are the changes we have made right now, but I do not mind tweaking, for example, particular timers, the inspection mechanic, or the like.

You should at least
1. Make the window smaller, like instead of 8 hours make it 1 or 2 hours, BUT if any siege machine has been built during this time, it will extend the window to 8 hours.
2. Level 5 (or 4) claim should not be reduced to level 0, but instead to level 3 or 2, making siege a bit more easy but not completely taking away the effort.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby pppp » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:15 am

Interesting changes.
Now, limit the damage done in a single siege:
- Make village idol require to be broken twice in separate sieges, and make it reset if not destroyed again within certain time (2 months ?) - that's the easy part.
- limit time window for looting, but it is difficult to define when defences were broken so it is hard to tell when to start timer. That could be the moment when path to village idol is open.

It's probably going to suck but you could analyse maps for donut villages and apply the same vulnerability window for the inner village.
pppp

Postby MarcusXDead » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:18 am

jorb wrote:Not at all opposed to various adjustments. These are the changes we have made right now, but I do not mind tweaking, for example, particular timers, the inspection mechanic, or the like.

About credos - I beg you to *at least* go through current quests, rewards, and dependings and adapt them for new world. As someone said before, fishing and farming is a must for almost every direction. Some quests will be totally impossible to do during different seasons.
Please, oh please don't make it into another altfest. You can screw over scholars credo all you want, since viewtopic.php?f=48&t=67067 this shouldn't be a good thing ( I mean people doing 9 scholar alts to abuse ageless ice) but have mercy to other credos.
...Because doing this don't feel like credo at all. It's something painfull people have to go through.

EDIT: How about adding more starting credos? Currently it's fishing/foraging/hunting, and you must do them to proceed. Maybe you should add more "directions"? Like, making quarryman and farmer starting credos as well.
For example, if you remove foraging requirement in lumberjack credo, and make quarryman starting credo getting to blacksmith would be easier. Just, like, rework those connections so there'd be more "input" routes, you know? One shouldn't have all the credos, but letting people to get to something without doing 10 other credos (not even really logically connected) is a good thing.
Last edited by MarcusXDead on Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
^The wall of text^
MarcusXDead

Postby pimotimo » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:19 am

shubla wrote:

You should at least
1. Make the window smaller, like instead of 8 hours make it 1 or 2 hours, BUT if any siege machine has been built during this time, it will extend the window to 8 hours.
2. Level 5 (or 4) claim should not be reduced to level 0, but instead to level 3 or 2, making siege a bit more easy but not completely taking away the effort.

Yay let's make sieging not viable again! You think a normal player has 6 to 15 hours to camp a ram? this make sieging imposible. I agree that 20 minutes is way too low tho, but something like 40minutes/1 hour would be decent i guess for the first level.
pimotimo

Postby Razzbane » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:23 am

Please change credos.
Razzbane

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:24 am

pimotimo wrote:Yay let's make sieging not viable again! You think a normal player has 6 to 15 hours to camp a ram? this make sieging imposible. I agree that 20 minutes is way too low tho, but something like 40minutes/1 hour would be decent i guess for the first level.

40 minutes to an hour to loose six months of work or more sounds just as bad given all the work a single person or small group has to put into these things.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby eliminoid » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:30 am

I kinda dislike the part when your base becomes vulnearable every 2 weeks. Forces you to be online for 8 hours straight. Gotta write a bot for that.
Hi
eliminoid

Postby MightySheep » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:33 am

jorb wrote:COMBAT
----------------
  • For Melee and Unarmed combat, fighters within a factor 2 of eachother in relevant stats are for all intents and purposes considered to be exact equals.
  • The gains from Melee and Unarmed combat beyond the factor 2 range increase more steeply than before to compensate somewhat, using a cube root instead of a fourth root as was historically the case.
  • The intention behind this change is to reduce the reliance on stats in combat significantly, while still maintaing a decent incentive to increase stats.

Factor of 2 seems like such a wide amount. World start is like a stat race- someone at 799 UA is sure doing a lot better and put a lot more effort in than someone at 400UA, should they really be treated as total equals? I'm all for reducing the effect of titans but this a pretty heavy handed solution. Does it have to be EXACT equals? Would feel better if there was some middle ground like 50% equalized. Being ahead in the race should count for something.

From what I remember of some of the big early fights last world, almost everyone involved would have fit inside this window of equalized stats. Isn't it just then about numbers?

I'm not opposed to reducing the effect of titans but this is ... weird. Having an arbitrary window where everyone is totally equal but then the omega titans that escape the window will still smash everyone lol.

Wouldn't it just be simpler to slightly lower the impact that stat difference makes in pvp altogether. Seems easier to tinker with existing formula than brainstorming these weird solutions.
MightySheep

Postby Ocerion » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:42 am

Gotta wonder if those combat changes are going to apply to animals too. Not looking forward to needing to be a combat god to fight a moose. Especially not since apparently I can't spend any time being injured because I gotta also watch my base hard every two weeks for EIGHT HOURS. Turning this game into a damn job, and I don't even get paid.
Ocerion

Postby shubla » Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:51 am

pimotimo wrote:
shubla wrote:

You should at least

Yay let's make sieging not viable again! You think a normal player has 6 to 15 hours to camp a ram? this make sieging imposible. I agree that 20 minutes is way too low tho, but something like 40minutes/1 hour would be decent i guess for the first level.

I have said earlier that making a good siege system is impossible. (Good siege system is a system where everyone can be raided, but not too easily, so everyone should also be able to defend themselves)

I'd rather have not sieges at all, than have them constantly.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements