Game Development: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 12

Postby Lalaxx » Mon Jul 27, 2020 12:37 pm

Is it landed on other continent beside central at all? Let meteorite fall on any continent so fight will be not near big faction but rather in a place unfamiliar to all.

Last meteorite literally was free gift and no small groups will ever try to fight meteorites because they will not stand a chance it always land near giant factions.
Would be cool if it could land on shallow water or even in ocean creating some kind temporary island? It will at least prohibit palisade building.
Lalaxx

Postby talon00302 » Mon Jul 27, 2020 1:57 pm

Lalaxx wrote:Is it landed on other continent beside central at all? Let meteorite fall on any continent so fight will be not near big faction but rather in a place unfamiliar to all.

Last meteorite literally was free gift and no small groups will ever try to fight meteorites because they will not stand a chance it always land near giant factions.
Would be cool if it could land on shallow water or even in ocean creating some kind temporary island? It will at least prohibit palisade building.

That’s a good idea not gonna lie
talon00302

Postby kill5link » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:35 pm

The world resets and their consequences have been a disaster for the player base.
kill5link

Postby MightySheep » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:34 pm

kill5link wrote:The world resets and their consequences have been a disaster for the player base.

why would you bump this thread u made me think next world already

also look at the player count graph b4 u say retarded things, world resets is the only thing keeping this game alive
MightySheep

Postby vatas » Wed Oct 28, 2020 7:45 pm

kill5link wrote:The world resets and their consequences have been a disaster for the player base.

There has been steady growth from world 9 to world 12 resets, with w12 breaking 1k players at the very start.

(I think w8 also had 1k but it is an outlier due to massive hype that was shattered with long-term negative consequences.)
(w8 server was constantly crashing and the payment model was HORRIBLE until it was changed for w9.)
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:21 pm

Please keep the world reset discussions to viewtopic.php?f=40&t=57497. I hate to be a hardass about it, but if it starts getting out of hand, I don't know what else to do other than start handing out warnings and potentially bans for it.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Previous

Return to Announcements