Game Development: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 12

Postby Hrenli » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:44 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Could be they disabled it completely and didn't tell us.

I have another theory. It was never implemented in the first place (we couldn't prove them wrong as it was "implemented" midworld and nobody knew what is the current maximum of quests done). :) I guess Jorb just red about what is the name of that game from last year where they hinted you have limited number of save games (but in reality it wasn't limited) so it changes gameplay for the better just using psychology tricks. Similar thing here - just tell the bitches quests are limited so they can relax.

Because I am sure I did more than 3 quests on day one which should not be possible according to the patch notes. :)
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:52 pm

Hrenli wrote:Because I am sure I did more than 3 quests on day one which should not be possible according to the patch notes.

You're making huge assumptions here. Have you done 36... now 48 quests total yet? Could be we're starting off at 12/day because nobody has taken a significant lead. Now that we're a few days in, the top questors are going to get fewer and fewer per day. Could be everyone just got "max quests" to start. There are a lot of possibilities other than "I did 3 quests on day one, so clearly this doesn't work."

Note: I'm not saying you're wrong, but that you really aren't sharing the full spectrum of possible in your post, whether you actually have considered it or not.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Hrenli » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:08 pm

MagicManICT wrote:You're making huge assumptions here. Have you done 36... now 48 quests total yet? Could be we're starting off at 12/day because nobody has taken a significant lead. Now that we're a few days in, the top questors are going to get fewer and fewer per day. Could be everyone just got "max quests" to start. There are a lot of possibilities other than "I did 3 quests on day one, so clearly this doesn't work."

Note: I'm not saying you're wrong, but that you really aren't sharing the full spectrum of possible in your post, whether you actually have considered it or not.

OK, you have a point here. It's seldom entirely clear what exactly Jorb means (probably part of the HnH appeal too). It's just how I red those patch notes... The only number there was 3 quests per day for the top questdoers, isn't it? Which I being a programmer somehow defaulted to zero at the start in my mind, but it's just an assumption.
Hrenli

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:46 pm

Probably should apologize for that previous post... I got a little carried away in thought. My thought is thus: there really wasn't a "top" the first day as everyone was at zero, so it's hard for an algorithm to make adjustments to who should be given what value. As was in the patch notes, it scales, and when all are equal, the scaling should be the same across the board. It clearly was more than the minimum of 3, and so without capping out the most possible number of quests, it's hard to say what exactly is going on.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Hrenli » Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:49 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Probably should apologize for that previous post...

Why? As I said - you have a point. It might start from not zero. Absolutely valid point.

But I still want to believe it's a conspiracy and there is no limit though. :)
Hrenli

Postby Stoneface » Mon Mar 09, 2020 10:18 pm

Even if you were for some reason able to do a lot of quests per day to the tune of hitting your cap, there could also just be an element of "must complete 12 quests in 24hours" before applying said limit,or to even being on leaderboards. Why worry about it if you can only approach the limit in the theoretical? If it were impeding actual progress, sure, but I fail to see why it is an issue if it...by nature is a non-issue
Stoneface

Postby painhertz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:51 pm

Much like Belgium can't into space I do not think I can into Haven anymore...too much time passed, too many changes, too little free time. Sucks because I know that my window to return is now and won't come around again possibly for years.... maybe one day. :( Who is still around, anyways? Emerald? Amanda? Jordan? Ainran people? Hell, I can't even remember my skype login..... bleh.
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:07 pm

Hey Pain ... <3 ... Em, myself, Jordan and some of Ainran are still here ... You should come back, we miss your presence at the forum and the game has lots of new stuff since you last played but it's all good .. :D ... well, mostly all good, lol.

They all use discord now btw, no skype ... I still use telepathy ... ;)

How are you anyhow?
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby painhertz » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:10 pm

Amanda44 wrote:Hey Pain ... <3 ... Em, myself, Jordan and some of Ainran are still here ... You should come back, we miss your presence at the forum and the game has lots of new stuff since you last played but it's all good .. :D ... well, mostly all good, lol.

They all use discord now btw, no skype ... I still use telepathy ... ;)

How are you anyhow?

Good, my business is doing well and expanding.... Yeah, I figured everyone moved to Discord, Personally I literally "just" installed it for the first time like 2 weeks ago to get some info from a Dev for a Battletech mod. lol I'll find my way back eventually... Just adulting which takes SO MUCH TIME! :(
"I shall PERSONALLY witness for you at the shiny, chrome gates of Valhalla!"
painhertz

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 4:17 pm

^^ Lol, tell me about it! I don't play anywhere near on the scale I used to these days, mainly just set up a small place and larp. :P :D

Good to hear you are doing well, gratz on your business ... keep popping in from time to time even if you don't return to the game just yet, it's always nice to see you ... so to speak. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements