Game Development: World 12

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: World 12

Postby thesourceofsadness » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:15 pm

RickyP602 wrote:I just wanted to take a moment of my time here to leave an observation I've made this world. I've played every world in one form or another since W3. I was smoking a bowl and thinking back while cooking some food during my exploration for a place to call home and started thinking about how far the game has truly come. I find myself so much more immersed now with the huge variety of all the little details - from the massive amount of trees and all the stuff that comes from them, to the deep ocean I can't yet cross in my little log boat - truly it's amazing. I know lots of drama comes around each world reset and all the decisions that get made can really fire people up, but just know you guys have massively improved your game. I've got more hours of enjoyment out of your game than any other I've played throughout my life. Thank you.

Just logged in to put a huge "+1" to this one.

Jorb, Loftar - you're amazing. I may agree or not agree with your way of development sometimes, but i'm sure that you are making the best game i ever seen and i enjoy every moment of it. Thank you.
thesourceofsadness

Postby pimotimo » Sun Mar 08, 2020 2:48 pm

Isnt there supposed to be a limit on quests? I dont think its working properly, i see ppl questing for many hours
pimotimo

Postby Sevenless » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:19 pm

pimotimo wrote:Isnt there supposed to be a limit on quests? I dont think its working properly, i see ppl questing for many hours

Quoth my friend "There is a limit on quests, but it's pretty hard to hit". Likely it's something you won't hit without fast travel road networks being set up.

Overall though I'm down with the concept that the game has come far. It sure has, and I love the effect the new boulder generation has on the appearance of the world. Nothing's perfect of course, but appreciation where it's due.
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby MagicManICT » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:48 pm

Yes, there is a limit on quests. It's set at 3 per day for the top players based on number of turn ins. Below the top it scales up at more per day. You can bank the quest alotment, but at some point there is a limit to number banked*. Could be they set everyone at a certain level for the new world and let the players "sort" themselves over the first days and weeks.

Could be they disabled it completely and didn't tell us.

*Based on patch notes from last world.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Sevenless » Sun Mar 08, 2020 4:57 pm

MagicManICT wrote:Yes, there is a limit on quests. It's set at 3 per day for the top players based on number of turn ins. Below the top it scales up at more per day. You can bank the quest alotment, but at some point there is a limit to number banked*. Could be they set everyone at a certain level for the new world and let the players "sort" themselves over the first days and weeks.

Could be they disabled it completely and didn't tell us.

*Based on patch notes from last world.

Top players? As in, the highest LP characters, the most quests completed...?
Lucky: haven is so quirky
Lucky: can be so ugly, can be so heartwarming
Sevenless: it is life

The Art of Herding
W15 Casting Rod Cheatsheet
Explanation of the logic behind the cooking system
Sevenless

Postby borka » Sun Mar 08, 2020 5:02 pm

Questing (amount) rank AFAIK
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby breggah » Sun Mar 08, 2020 11:07 pm

Zentetsuken wrote:
Chaiko wrote:Image
First forager credo quest, locked to autumn

RIP 10k LP

same shit here my man, I feel your pain

first quest, totally fucked for credo development now unless I toss away 10k lp

Same here. Morels first credo quest right out the gate.
https://imgur.com/a/uVWT9oT
breggah

Postby halorocks22 » Mon Mar 09, 2020 12:04 am

Dear Mr Jorb and Mr Loftar,

I have been a player since 2011 when I believe World 4 was in session. This game is a true evolution over its predecessor and I truly admire the work you gentlemen are putting into one of my favorite video games of all time. I’ve spent hundreds of hours in what is essentially a free product for everyone and I look forward to the things you guys accomplish next. Keep up the good work! I heartily support you all.

Love, halorocks22
halorocks22

Postby linkfanpc » Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:11 am

+1 to everybody saying how much the game has improved. Been enjoying it for years and hopefully will be for many more years to come. Didn't participate in W11 much so coming back for the new world. The first month is a blast through and through every time and it causes me many sleepless nights, both from staying up late playing and not being able to sleep due to thinking about the game, sleepless nights i fully accept.

Also, loving all the changes so far, from animals having armor to bows requiring leather. Definitely makes us casual one-account hermit sprucecaps a lot less paranoid of half the playerbase just cheesing bears day 1 and our choices having no impact.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Hrenli » Mon Mar 09, 2020 2:35 pm

Want to join on the praise wagon. Nothing is perfect, but every iteration makes H&H slightly different and probably better. For me the "Ahww! Cool!" feature of this world were the raukar. Some shores look almost like Gotland and it's so cool!
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements