Game Development: Searching for Action

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Searching for Action

Postby wafflecat » Thu Mar 12, 2020 2:56 pm

Did you do anything about off season credos? Waiting for a patch to start doing them..
wafflecat

Postby borka » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:00 pm

loftar wrote:Oops, I thought I had fixed the claim interface, and apparently I had, but just forgot to commit it. Should be fixed now, anyhows.

thanx :)
Java 8 - manually downloads - good to check for actual versions url here:
viewtopic.php?f=42&t=40331
Remember what the dormouse said: Feed your head Feed your head
borka

Postby sakiji » Thu Mar 12, 2020 3:30 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
[*] Juniper Berries are now a spice.
Enjoy!

Big kudos for that!
I've been complaining about juniper berries not being a spice to no end to friends and family during like the last 2-3 years.
It was always like a sore spot to me, an itch you're not managing to scratch --not having juniper berries as a spice... :lol:

Wouldn't have minded them having to be dried or boiled first, but as Laurel leaves are utilized without processing too, it's probably alright this way.
sakiji

Postby loftar » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:02 pm

sakiji wrote:Wouldn't have minded them having to be dried or boiled first, but as Laurel leaves are utilized without processing too, it's probably alright this way.

I don't know about Juniper berries, but back when I was growing a small laurel bush IRL, I used the leaves without any form of processing.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 4:17 pm

the problem is that there's no leaves on the juniper tree, and berries are both spice and seed, so one who wants to produce it - should use 1 seed as spice and 1 to replant. so it is literally 1 spice from 1 tree-cycle. It should work more like laurel then.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby sabinati » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:38 pm

definitely need to increase number of berries per juniper, maybe not for wild ones but for planted it is important
sabinati

Postby qoonpooka » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:40 pm

sabinati wrote:definitely need to increase number of berries per juniper, maybe not for wild ones but for planted it is important

If there's concern that this would lead to tree seeds being too prolific, could always make a division-process that renders a given seed no longer viable for tree planting, but similarly yields to Laurels.
qoonpooka

Postby ghandhikus » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:41 pm

sabinati wrote:definitely need to increase number of berries per juniper, maybe not for wild ones but for planted it is important

While we are at it, some types of trees should have increased number of leaves. Mulberry is the only one with outrageous 250+ leaves. Then I think comes tea with like 30 or so. Maybe rest of the trees could get an upgrade? 4-5 leaves a tree makes me want to never touch the tree again, even if I get double fep from it
King of Game-design and Java Programmer
Image RIP lather ball 2017/08/24 01:21
ghandhikus

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:52 pm

ghandhikus wrote:

While we are at it, some types of trees should have increased number of leaves. Mulberry is the only one with outrageous 250+ leaves. Then I think comes tea with like 30 or so. Maybe rest of the trees could get an upgrade? 4-5 leaves a tree makes me want to never touch the tree again, even if I get double fep from it

what? why do you need more conker leaves? it is not-needed in any mid-game activities, and even maple leaves with 5 is okay due to the lack of other resourses to make the carpentry gild with em.
IMO, it's so not-on-topic...

Also, @jorb, what is the price to see full change-log? I have all the possible payments made to this game, but still, I haven't received any notifications on "animals now bash boulders when fleeing... while I'm sure someone said " okay, we tamed enough animals through this exploit, close it"
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Ysh » Thu Mar 12, 2020 7:56 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Also, @jorb, what is the price to see full change-log? I have all the possible payments made to this game, but still, I haven't received any notifications on "animals now bash boulders when fleeing... while I'm sure someone said " okay, we tamed enough animals through this exploit, close it"

Some change is left to player to discover for himself!
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements