Game Development: Searching for Action

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Searching for Action

Postby jorb » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:18 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • Added an "Action Search" (Default key-binding Ctrl+Z). You can use it to search in the Action Menu, and activate actions, crafting recipes, &c. Note that it is filtered by the subcategory you are currently viewing in the Action Menu, so if you have already opened a subcategory (E.g. "Adventure"), you will be searching recursively under that category. This could probably be extended several ways, so feel free to have feedback on extensions you'd like to see.
  • Added a new skill "Trade", and moved all barter, coin, and merchant relevant recipes to it.
  • Added "Turtle Shell Bowl", symbel item.
  • Added "Soot Egg", you can roast any egg in the Fireplace by placing them in the Fireplace's inventory.
  • Added "Ant Paste", medicine. Apply the Ant Paste to a wound. The Ant Paste deals damage to you, and, for each point it heals, it also heals one point of the targeted wound. Ant Paste can also be applied to disinfect Infected Sores, and provides protection from that wound growing worse while the Ant Paste Wound remains.
  • Added a new curiosity.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • You may now, with some time gating, reroll even the first quest of a credo, without abandoning it. There is now a separate "Abandon Credo" button, which you can use if you are on the first quest in the credo, which, if you really want to, can be accomplished by abandoning down to the first quest.
  • Increased the force of the general quest rate limit somewhat. We have verified that it works in principle.
  • Updated the tooltip on Ageless Icicles to reflect current mechanics.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • All Eggs can be boiled in Cauldrons.
  • Fixed a bug by which fishing from a moving boat didn't interrupt the fishing.
  • Juniper Berries are now a spice. Also fixed an old bug with some spices, causing them to have weird effects.
  • Fixed a bug by which the Barter Pole had stopped placing items in stockpiles.

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Items, for the fair price of $9 is the "Galleon Captain's Hat"

Store Description wrote:Image$9 A lumbering ship, laden with plundered gold, and a captain worthy of sailing her safely to port.

All Gold & Silver subscribers have been awarded the "Galleon Captain's Hat". free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • We feel that the W12 reset went well, with decent user numbers, mainly positive feedback, and a mostly stable server. We are grateful for all support, feedback, and time spent in the game, and hope to leverage all'o that to positive and quality development during the course of W12.
  • We have taken some stock of the relatively most impactful changes we want to make, and will begun working off of that list, focusing initially on paying down some technical debt, and later aiming to move toward qualitaive new implementaions. Object-controlled-objects is, again, the highest thing on my wishlist, but there are some architectural changes that need to happen before that can, and thus those are the things we will aim to work toward.
  • Loftar is β-testing the client rendering rewrite, and making progress. Try it out! Actually getting this to a state where we can push it remains a priority.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Searching for Action

Postby shubla » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:18 pm

It's a fukken spruce cap! Image
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby maze » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 pm

2ed...
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Zentetsuken » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 pm

Zentetsuken

Postby Robertzon » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:19 pm

nice
Robertzon

Postby pawnchito » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Nice.
pawnchito

Postby SnuggleSnail » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

credos still bad
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby linkfanpc » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:20 pm

Loads of nice fixes here, very cool.
Waiting for something to happen? Everything is going to be okay.
jorb wrote:Hitting a "Ghejejiiwlonk" with your "Umappawoozle" for eightyfifteen points of "Sharmakookel", simply makes no sense.

W7: Semi-Hermit
W8: Semi-Hermit
W9-13: Lawspeaker of villages of myself-4 people.

There's SOMETHING behind you.
linkfanpc

Postby Audiosmurf » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Love the uses for generic eggs.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby Ysh » Wed Mar 11, 2020 10:22 pm

Neato.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Next

Return to Announcements