Game Development: Searching for Action

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Searching for Action

Postby jordancoles » Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:24 pm

Sevenless wrote:
czaper2 wrote:
KwonChiMin wrote:Any non-plot related changes?

He put midges back in the swamp.

Didn't see a single one before this patch, now they're everywhere.

We just hit mid summer "season". I'm assuming that's why the bugs are out.

I can't wait until winter when the game turns off for 10 days
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby shubla » Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:59 pm

jordancoles wrote:I can't wait until winter when the game turns off for 10 days

99% players will quit before winter, trust me.
I spent first days getting to know my neighbors, now I get daily messages from them of their friends getting killed and quitting the game! Sad!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby terechgracz » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:44 pm

shubla wrote:

99% players will quit before winter, trust me.
I spent first days getting to know my neighbors, now I get daily messages from them of their friends getting killed and quitting the game! Sad!

They can always create new character and try again, what do they lose? They will be only a bit behind, but realistically what do they imagine? That their hermitage will hit top tier big faction ql, and they gain demigod-like status?
terechgracz

Postby shubla » Wed Mar 18, 2020 11:49 pm

terechgracz wrote:They can always create new character and try again, what do they lose? They will be only a bit behind, but realistically what do they imagine? That their hermitage will hit top tier big faction ql, and they gain demigod-like status?

You do not measure progress by quality.
You measure it by hours used instead.
Of course village has more advanced things, because they know how to play AND have lots of people.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Hrenli » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:20 am

shubla wrote:99% players will quit before winter, trust me.

So you are saying that before winter regular number of players online will be between 6 and 12. Doesn't sound like very trusty prediction, at least I wouldn't bet my money on it. :lol:
Too old to rock-n-roll, too young to die.
Hrenli

Postby loleznub » Thu Mar 19, 2020 12:24 am

Yea, I don't really understand why the devs decided to add something that adds very little content in return for taking away almost everything else. Can't really do the whole "realism" trope because of hats, certain creatures, etc. I also don't think many players find winter "fun" either, so likely can't do that one too.
loleznub

Postby sabinati » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:00 am

loleznub wrote:

Yea, I don't really understand why the devs decided to add something that adds very little content in return for taking away almost everything else. Can't really do the whole "realism" trope because of hats, certain creatures, etc. I also don't think many players find winter "fun" either, so likely can't do that one too.

it adds a break from the routine of farming
sabinati

Postby jordancoles » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:10 am

sabinati wrote:
loleznub wrote:

And replaces it with nothing else?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby loleznub » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:24 am

sabinati wrote:
loleznub wrote:

Removing content from the game for the sake of "adding a break from the routine" is just silly. If you want to take a break from farming, then do it. With the mechanics as is, you actually now get punished for doing so. Whether that is done via the wilting of crops during winter, or the inability to even do it in the first place, the game has now been set up as you MUST do farming all the time until winter, because come winter you can't do it at all.

In the previous system you had the freedom of choosing what you wanted to do and then could do it. What if I wanted to do farming one day and mining the next? No problem in the previous system, but with winter, that's not possible because there's a time limit for what you can and can not do. If you think "well just do your farming when its not winter", why should I let the game dictate how I spend my time playing it? It's becoming more you MUST do this, instead of, hey you CAN do this.
loleznub

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Mar 19, 2020 4:30 am

Just pray Jorb made the quality cap on crops low enough quality farming isn't a thing in 3 months
WTS Q450 mammy straps
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements