Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Dressed in Ermine

Postby RainbowMoostache » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:17 am

NeoBasilisk wrote:god we've always known that this game is full of fucking autists but it's good to get a reminder from time to time

It's not often that I visit the forums, but when I do it's like taking a stroll through the monkey enclosures at a zoo.
RainbowMoostache

Postby SumFaggotPlayTester » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:03 pm

More useful winter stuff is a plus in my book. The less pain that comes with it and keeps it more interesting than doing minor tasks is always good. Now just add some way for sprucecaps to acquire cordage during it that is an average spawn without the need to dry hides for hide straps. Any more plans for adding small useful things, such as this or converting existing things to also work in winter, on the book? Can only see winter becoming better at the current rate.

Also Loftar plz nerf IRL stamina loss from tilling the ground with a shovel. My gas tiller has died & digging up an 1/5th of an acre of grass with a shovel is pain. I'm not Amish damnit; technology good. The profit margins of selling fresh produce to cityfags is going to be amazing this year while I die of heatstroke in a MOPP suit; especially since I just dumped the LP into the trading skill instead of farming gains.

Astarisk wrote:This shouldn't even have been posted, the day Kotaku or Polygon see a game dev offer a response like that will be a real shame. I can see the headline of such an article already, "Player Population bad -- White Pride good". It makes the meme even greater - by changing the name Player Population you mostly just prove the point the realm name represented, that the devs stay so out of touch with what the players really want to see.

I here by decree my God given right to shit on you at this time for such rampant stupidity it makes nihilistic-self-induced-suicide seem reasonable.

Astarisk wrote:Kotaku or Polygon

Cease thou faggotry for thou gives credit to fools. Those two rags have done enough to discredit themselves to be irrelevant to niche-autistic-gamers who flock to games such as this. Don't believe me? Run a small pole in Brodgar for how many people got referred to this game through 4chan, 8chan, any /v/ board, YouTuber running playthrough no. 5,362, or a friend/acquaintance referring them; instead of some mainstream journalists directing them here. The number one advertiser of this game is autists telling other autists. Not someone writing an article who did not grind turnips for six months who'd quit the second someone kills them. You could even run a pole on how many H&H players also play Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Factorio, and Spess Station 13 for similar results.
loftar wrote:On the other hand, there's also a case to be made that we're all faggots down here and all deserve to be treated as such and that we all just revel in that anyway.

Quit letting companies make free shekels off of you; install UBlock today. Or better yet kick Google in the balls and install AdNauseam.
SumFaggotPlayTester

Postby MagicManICT » Fri Apr 03, 2020 12:00 am

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:Also Loftar plz nerf IRL stamina loss from tilling the ground with a shovel. My gas tiller has died & digging up an 1/5th of an acre of grass with a shovel is pain.

+1 to that!

SumFaggotPlayTester wrote:The number one advertiser of this game is autists telling other autists. Not someone writing an article who did not grind turnips for six months who'd quit the second someone kills them. You could even run a pole on how many H&H players also play Dwarf Fortress, Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead, Factorio, and Spess Station 13 for similar results.

Probably correct. Two of the biggest groups here were from Bay 12 forums and Goons back around world 3. I'm not sure where the core of the Russian players at the time found Haven at, but I'm sure it was something similar.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Oddity » Sat Apr 04, 2020 5:24 am

Gray wrote:Honestly the names that people often choose for kingdoms are appallingly uncreative and out of context.

Choosing a name as a joke only lasts for the few first laughs.

This game offers you a plethora of things to do, you can name your kingdom according to the shape of the landmass you are in, a bay, a mountain range, a swamp or archipelago.
Whoever enters it will definitely have respect for it and enjoy watching that message pop up on their screen.

You can also name it according to an activity you want to pursue such as mining, fishing, farming, breeding, trading.

Where are the underground dwarf strongholds? Where are the sea pirate hideouts?

This kind of thinking also applies to characters.

That will never happen anymore, because online game communities are only filled with social media obsessed dipshits now.
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby terechgracz » Sat Apr 04, 2020 9:17 am

Wth people. If it was Village named Player Population :falling: then probably nothing would be changed. But realms are too big, and would make very unappealing greeting for players every time They wanted to play, thats why name was changed.
terechgracz

Postby Uriel » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:39 pm

Ok... in what biome stoat spawns?
Uriel

Postby kirion » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:10 pm

Winter's been here for a few days and i haven't seen a single stoat despite regularly going hunting. Where the hell are they supposed to be? Hopefully not "Only in the mountains".
kirion

Postby Aceb » Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:12 pm

kirion wrote:Winter's been here for a few days and i haven't seen a single stoat despite regularly going hunting. Where the hell are they supposed to be? Hopefully not "Only in the mountains".

Had half cupboard of them. Quick as Lynx if they spot You.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

Postby Amanda44 » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:09 pm

Uriel wrote:Ok... in what biome stoat spawns?

Aceb wrote:
kirion wrote:Winter's been here for a few days and i haven't seen a single stoat despite regularly going hunting. Where the hell are they supposed to be? Hopefully not "Only in the mountains".

Lol Aceb, where are they then?! :P

I can't find any either! Is it mountains? :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Aceb » Sat Apr 11, 2020 12:12 pm

Amanda44 wrote:
Uriel wrote:Ok... in what biome stoat spawns?

Aceb wrote:

Lol Aceb, where are they then?! :P

I can't find any either! Is it mountains? :)

Uh, before the rivers and lakes frozen, I found a lot of them just boating/riding around. Maybe jorb did programmed them to spawn during winter (white type) but not on snowy tiles. That would explain a lot.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements