Game Development: Tough Cordage

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tough Cordage

Postby Filipian » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:37 pm

noseelol1 wrote:Glad to see some archer love, should raise the base dmg of ranger bow a tad imo.

I agree 100%, currently using a regular bow is almost better than ranger bow
Filipian

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:39 pm

Aceb wrote:
TheUltimateC wrote:Wow, like wow nerfing boar spears damage again. For the whole of last world it was like that with 100 base dmg and only now people discovered that it's actually decent. So one guy came crying that anything other than his beloved b12 cleaving works on armored people sand just you give and nerf.
Well hows this than for a reasoning: b12 increase's cooldowns of attacks by 25% but what it doesn't.say is that this is only for attacks based on melee combat for openings. Result ua was always meta for making openings and that one hit you deal dmg with is a bit riskier. How does that even make sense? You are holding a hevayweapon in your hand that makes it slower to f'ing your arms, yet you throw punches around at the same speed. How about you rethink that and allow for some variety in weapon choice. (Other than for practical material cost)

Steel spear when.

I'd like to see a shittier spear, too. Give me an early wooden javelin with a really high break rate.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby NoBizd » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:39 pm

neeco wrote:have you hunted before? Armor pen has no effect on animals.

(>y<)

maze wrote:boar spear or bronze sword can kill a bear easy. Not sure what you're goin on about.
This was asking for a nerf for balancing too. since people were taking down trolls with boar spears. all you needed was 10.

Yes and no. We are all living in a bubble where making 100 QL++ sword or spear is ez pz, ergo this nerf means nothing for us. But you keep forgeting about casuals that don't play in 10-20+ ppl villages nor 6-10 hours per day. For them even now QL 50 spear may be hard to get, sometimes it's one girl/guy playing 1-2 hour per day. If you take out from them something as simple as hunting for big animals (No I don't mean orcas, snails nor cachalots - only bear, moose and so on), you lose a lot of player base. Keep in mind big factions are waaaay less than 50% population, that's why after 1-2 months you can see big player drop. Less players = less cash for J&L = less updates.

Should we be thinking only about spruces when changing game mechanics? Of course not.
Should we be thinking only about big bois when changing game mechanics? Of course not.
We need golden mean. So newbs have fun from newbs things, big bois from big bois things.

PS. You don't need spears to kill troll easy and/or early world. There is way more ways to abuse them.
PPS. Nope, it has nothing to do with trolls. Most crying was done after last big fights and J&L can confirm it. ɷ◡ɷ
Last edited by NoBizd on Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NoBizd

Postby noseelol1 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:39 pm

Filipian wrote:
noseelol1 wrote:Glad to see some archer love, should raise the base dmg of ranger bow a tad imo.

I agree 100%, currently using a regular bow is almost better than ranger bow

Same, hopefully when my ranger bow quality is better its worth the slow speed. Until then, right there with ya
noseelol1

Postby Ozzy123 » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:51 pm

Nice patch :D
epicbuds wrote:just got this game a bad review on my website and will post on every forum and game page i can think of to tell people to stay away from this site this game is a joke

viruseg wrote:Kill all new players for no reason. Polish scum came running and killed me with a crowd. Suck fuck fucks..
Ozzy123

Postby jorb » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:46 pm

Ok, after some feedback: Made it so that you can use Last-minute diplomacy to delay challenges to Realm Authority Objects, by clicking the location arrow of the challenge.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:49 pm

I already wasted all my steel on sledgehammers smh
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Yorla » Sun Apr 05, 2020 10:57 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Added "Tough Bark". Some trees (eg Willow, Cedar, Linden, &c), rather than having normal bark, now give "Tough Bark".

I believe it's called "bast", same as cattail fiber, flax and nettle. Now make bast shoes!

And here I should apologize for my spelling... But I won't! Deal with it :P
Yorla

Postby jock » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:00 pm

Can we get a buff to rangers bow, cause it SUCKS.
jock

Postby jordancoles » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:27 pm

Obviously this was a small patch because it's Sunday and Jorb doesn't want to work on the Lord's Day :!: :ugeek:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements