Game Development: Tough Cordage

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tough Cordage

Postby Redlaw » Sun Apr 05, 2020 11:44 pm

Liking the new food. Improves the new fruit that was added, plus its really nice per.
Redlaw

Postby Sigilius » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:07 am

Bark cordage is finer plant fibre?
Sigilius

Postby Ysh » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:27 am

Sigilius wrote:Bark cordage is finer plant fibre?

You wish.
Kaios wrote:Spice Girls are integral to understanding Ysh's thought process when communicating, duly noted.

I have become victory of very nice Jordan Coles Contest! Enjoy my winning submit here if it pleasures you.
Ysh

Postby shubla » Mon Apr 06, 2020 4:34 am

Fuck devs they suckr eeee

1 month w12 and 0 updates, really?
You only add some fucking useless foods that take 1 minute to implement that no one ever cooks because game is so unbalanced.

Fix food balance. (Like buff some foods)
Fix curio balance. (Like buff some curios and add "satiations" for curios)
Fix forageables. (Like buff them and make more common)
Fix crime mechanics. (Make outlaw debuff more severe)

Add some new cool thing (like sauna).

No one cares about barrels getting circular hitboxes.
New hitboxes will only break bots and pathfinders for a while and make people angry.
For example, I haven't found any glimmers in 2-3 days, even though I have gone through all of our caves multiple times. Some weeks ago I could easily find multiple glimmers each time. What the hell is happening? Did you blacklist me for glimmers? Or is your game just broken? Why don't you change this, why don't you give any comments.
What are you trying to achieve by taking away glimmers from me? Make me buy them? But no one has any to sell, and they are not that good that I would buy them for a good price even if somebody had some of them to sell. This is not only broken forageable, there are others too, like boletes. I found plenty of them during early world, but now I haven't seen them IN MULTIPLE WEEKS, even though I try to forage quite a lot, but I'm getting desperate and am thinking about just stopping foraging (or playing altogether?) as I never find anything!
I have fond memories of walking around mountains in legacy, picking glimmers and edels and feeling happy about it. Then going to swamp where I find bluebell or two that I sell to some guy for better pickaxe. And on the way I find a flotsam or two. Fun times. This world, I've seen 0 edels, 0 flotsams, 0 bluebells.
There is a limit how rare you can make things without making them suck. Why should flotsam be something that I see once in 300 hours of playtime, when it's only like 3000 lp?
What is point of even having foraging in this game if you never find anything.
Only way to find flotsams, edels etc. seems to be botting these days...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby SnowWiggles » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:48 am

What about boar spears dissapearing? I've thrown several by accident. All gone. !!!
SnowWiggles

Postby MightySheep » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:51 am

jorb wrote:The Realm ability "Last-minute Diplomacy" now targets a particular Authority Object with a pending challenge, rather than all such objects. Select object by clicking it, or the GUI arrow pointing the way to the challenge. Increased the base cost from 2500 to 5000. Fixed a bug with timer presentation sometimes not being accurately updated.

Step in the right direction, but more need to be done still imo. Youd think realm size would represent faction strength but it doesn't, all it currently represents is the size of your botted cloth farm.

I'm surprised you didnt address seamarks. I thought it was just supposed to be a way to get across continents but its become something that is spammed on every inch of every coast and even inside river systems.

The kingdom stuff is good content it just needs quite a bit more work. Right now it just feels silly when some irrelevant faction nobody has even seen controls half the world.
MightySheep

Postby SnowWiggles » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:54 am

Ohhh.... you said suana... but how about natural hot springs that if you sit in there for a little bit, helps heal some wounds !
SnowWiggles

Postby ctopolon4 » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:06 am

shubla wrote:F
(Make outlaw debuff more severe)

destroying alts HF near rare resource already pain in ass for full hour
ctopolon4

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:47 am

NoBizd wrote:As much as I understand why you nerfed boar spear (PVP and crying of big bois) keep in mind you literally fucked hermits and casuals playing alone that want to kill anything that has more armor like bear or moose.

My hunter saw absolutely *zero* difference hunting Bears/Moose/Etc tonight with a boar spear after the change. So I'm not sure what you're going on about.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby wonder-ass » Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:23 am

MightySheep wrote:
jorb wrote:The Realm ability "Last-minute Diplomacy" now targets a particular Authority Object with a pending challenge, rather than all such objects. Select object by clicking it, or the GUI arrow pointing the way to the challenge. Increased the base cost from 2500 to 5000. Fixed a bug with timer presentation sometimes not being accurately updated.

Step in the right direction, but more need to be done still imo. Youd think realm size would represent faction strength but it doesn't, all it currently represents is the size of your botted cloth farm.

I'm surprised you didnt address seamarks. I thought it was just supposed to be a way to get across continents but its become something that is spammed on every inch of every coast and even inside river systems.

The kingdom stuff is good content it just needs quite a bit more work. Right now it just feels silly when some irrelevant faction nobody has even seen controls half the world.

welcome to the soulles mechanic that is called REALMS have fun removing those cairns

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.
In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Significant work on extending the bounding box representation to include polygonal and varied types bounding boxes. Should be deployable next week.

with this could you also extend the pick up range of items on the ground? i really hate dropping something and it gets stuck in their boundingbox.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements