Game Development: Tough Cordage

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Tough Cordage

Postby Kearn » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:18 pm

jorb wrote:
Kearn wrote:fix dust jewels or riot

Fix how?

they have no quality, so their effective quality is always 1
Kearn

Postby Enzo_Gaultier » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:19 pm

cool. thanks for the update guys! :)

`'°•.,¸ ¸¸,.•°'´`•. 
.: Enzo Gaultier :.
¸¸,.•°´'°•.,¸¸¸¸¸¸,.
Enzo_Gaultier

Postby Astarisk » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:19 pm

jorb wrote:[*] Increased armor penetration of arrows by +5%.
[*] Decreased Boar Spear damage from 90 to 80. Decreased Boar Spear armor penetration from 20% to 15%.
[*] Fixed an issue by which logs (or whatever) could fall on boats, and prevent entry into the boat.

Can we get a discussion going on Weapon damage vs Armor scaling? It seems like you guys intend for no other weapon but B12's to be relevant in the game.

edit:
Might be too early to comment without testing first. Though I would still like to see something that brings Swords + Cutblades back to usefulness.
Last edited by Astarisk on Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
IRC/IGN: Rawrz

Join the Haven & Hearth Discord if you need help and our community will surely help you:
Astarisk

Postby Audiosmurf » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:20 pm

IT'S A FUCKEN STRING

Good addition. Make cordage a resource like in UnReal World plz.
jorb wrote:Audiosmurf isis a fantastic poster/genius and his meatintellect is huge

NORMALIZE IT
banok wrote:i've been playing hnh thru 10 years of involuntary celibacy and I always build my palisade in 5 minutes so if a new player cant figure it out straight away they can get fucked and chug bleach
Audiosmurf

Postby NoBizd » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:22 pm

As much as I understand why you nerfed boar spear (PVP and crying of big bois) keep in mind you literally fucked hermits and casuals playing alone that want to kill anything that has more armor like bear or moose. For me it changes nothing, when you look on it it's "only 10 dmg and 5% of AP". But spruce hats can't get as good QL as bigger villages nor as high stats as bigger players so it's BIG change for them, you decreased the AP by 1/4.

Maybe, as it's called BOAR spear, just give it back 20% vs animals and lower one vs players? It makes sense - they were crafted with killing animals in mind and their rough skin, not armors made out of metal. Of course no1 wants to get a hit with boar spear, but it's just more effective on animals. This way hermits/casuals are fine with hunting, big bois are fine with PVP (as B12 indeed should be better as it requires more and better materials).

EDIT
Rest of the update looks great, I'm just not fan of sea themed hats.
NoBizd

Postby neeco » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:27 pm

NoBizd wrote:As much as I understand why you nerfed boar spear (PVP and crying of big bois) keep in mind you literally fucked hermits and casuals playing alone that want to kill anything that has more armor like bear or moose. For me it changes nothing, when you look on it it's "only 10 dmg and 5% of AP". But spruce hats can't get as good QL as bigger villages nor as high stats as bigger players so it's BIG change for them, you decreased the AP by 1/4.

Maybe, as it's called BOAR spear, just give it back 20% vs animals and lower one vs players? It makes sense - they were crafted with killing animals in mind and their rough skin, not armors made out of metal. Of course no1 wants to get a hit with boar spear, but it's just more effective on animals. This way hermits/casuals are fine with hunting, big bois are fine with PVP (as B12 indeed should be better as it requires more and better materials).

EDIT

have you hunted before? Armor pen has no effect on animals.
W9: Hermit
W10: LS of EoCity
W11: God King Emperor of the East [Retired]
W12: Wouldn't you like to know

jorb wrote:The running server is the test server.
neeco

Postby maze » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:29 pm

NoBizd wrote:As much as I understand why you nerfed boar spear (PVP and crying of big bois) keep in mind you literally fucked hermits and casuals playing alone that want to kill anything that has more armor like bear or moose. For me it changes nothing, when you look on it it's "only 10 dmg and 5% of AP". But spruce hats can't get as good QL as bigger villages nor as high stats as bigger players so it's BIG change for them, you decreased the AP by 1/4.

EDIT

boar spear or bronze sword can kill a bear easy. Not sure what you're goin on about.
This was asking for a nerf for balancing too. since people were taking down trolls with boar spears. all you needed was 10.
pretty sure boar spear is still busted vs trolls. cuz all you need to do is throw a fk ton.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby vatas » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:32 pm

Could you make it so that you can use saltwater (as well) to craft cordage?
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby TheUltimateC » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:35 pm

Wow, like wow nerfing boar spears damage again. For the whole of last world it was like that with 100 base dmg and only now people discovered that it's actually decent. So one guy came crying that anything other than his beloved b12 cleaving works on armored people sand just you give and nerf.
Well hows this than for a reasoning: b12 increase's cooldowns of attacks by 25% but what it doesn't.say is that this is only for attacks based on melee combat for openings. Result ua was always meta for making openings and that one hit you deal dmg with is a bit riskier. How does that even make sense? You are holding a hevayweapon in your hand that makes it slower to f'ing your arms, yet you throw punches around at the same speed. How about you rethink that and allow for some variety in weapon choice. (Other than for practical material cost)
TheUltimateC

Postby Aceb » Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:36 pm

TheUltimateC wrote:Wow, like wow nerfing boar spears damage again. For the whole of last world it was like that with 100 base dmg and only now people discovered that it's actually decent. So one guy came crying that anything other than his beloved b12 cleaving works on armored people sand just you give and nerf.
Well hows this than for a reasoning: b12 increase's cooldowns of attacks by 25% but what it doesn't.say is that this is only for attacks based on melee combat for openings. Result ua was always meta for making openings and that one hit you deal dmg with is a bit riskier. How does that even make sense? You are holding a hevayweapon in your hand that makes it slower to f'ing your arms, yet you throw punches around at the same speed. How about you rethink that and allow for some variety in weapon choice. (Other than for practical material cost)

Steel spear when.
A quest for a hat. - W10
Haven't spawned yet
Aceb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements