Game Development: Bound in Checkers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bound in Checkers

Postby loftar » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:53 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:huge square trees (some of them larger than 1x1 tile)

Hm, right, there are some trees that are particular large. Might reconsider if that is something to look into. In the first instance, I'd like to think that the player obstacle change that I outlined would make a positive impact to begin with, but it's something to consider.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby boshaw » Sun Apr 12, 2020 9:58 pm

loftar wrote:It is, and no. I don't think the client has ever used the bounding-box info to begin with.

Can we be blessed with knowing the layout of it?
boshaw

Postby Nerolist1 » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:00 pm

dont retry, if you lift boat and exit under vilage totem, your boat will be deleted).
Nerolist1

Postby ErdTod » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:05 pm

Are shadows new?..

EDIT: nope, I am retarded. Just never paid attention to them
ErdTod

Postby AtoB » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:07 pm

boshaw wrote:Any chance of the new hitboxes being advertised via the res file with some new layer to allow clients to better do pathfinding? :)

loftar wrote:
boshaw wrote:Oh, is that what `obst` is or am i blind? Is that layer even documented in the default client yet?

It is, and no. I don't think the client has ever used the bounding-box info to begin with.

In case the client does not use that data: send it random garbage to fuck with the bots.
AtoB

Postby boshaw » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:16 pm

AtoB wrote:In case the client does not use that data: send it random garbage to fuck with the bots.

That would be quickly noticed and people would just go back to manually defining the hitboxes. Pathfinding is quite useful and not only for bots. I personally do it a lot in mines and even just walking around my village. I would imagine most public clients allow for this behavior by now.
boshaw

Postby bmjclark » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:46 pm

AtoB wrote:In case the client does not use that data: send it random garbage to fuck with the bots.

Ironically, it would fuck with the public client users more than it would fuck with the private client users seeing as the private ones are more actively maintained at this point.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby Oddity » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:48 pm

loftar wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:so is it confirmed that all cave trees and mushrooms losing their pickables in winter is intended behaviour then?

Ah, no, it is in fact not, but I always forget about it. It's usually Jorb who reminds me of things like that, so I completely blame him for my memory. :)

plz fix :P
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby Vigilance » Sun Apr 12, 2020 10:58 pm

Oddity wrote:
loftar wrote:
Zentetsuken wrote:so is it confirmed that all cave trees and mushrooms losing their pickables in winter is intended behaviour then?

Ah, no, it is in fact not, but I always forget about it. It's usually Jorb who reminds me of things like that, so I completely blame him for my memory. :)

plz fix :P

fix now while the servers down!! reeeeee
"Tosak gets the guys undressed faster than their girlfriends can." -NaoWhut
http://i.imgur.com/5cQiL.png http://i.imgur.com/lYyAA.png
Vigilance

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 12, 2020 11:01 pm

Nice patch.
0 content, 5 crashes?

We didn't even get easter eggs.......

I definitely hope that we get next patch sooner (like in few days) with some additional new hitboxes or anything really.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements