Game Development: Bound in Checkers

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Bound in Checkers

Postby jordancoles » Tue Apr 14, 2020 2:46 am

loftar wrote:
shubla wrote:I definitely hope that we get next patch sooner (like in few days) with some additional new hitboxes or anything really.

Not to say that it isn't perhaps a bit controversial with these kinds of patches, but I don't think we want to put ourselves in a situation where we can't dedicate ourselves to more technical issues for a while without throwing bread and circuses into the game just for the sake of it.

Sure, but we aren't asking you to pull stuff out of your ass every week though.

There is literally a notepad full of fixes/quick implementations that you could be pulling from that have been at least filtered through Jorb and if you even just touched on 1 of them per patch people would be happy to see that their ideas are being heard

And if that takes more than 1 day of dev time per week then honestly, maybe make the time :?: Most people work 9am-5pm/5 day work weeks, you know :?:

I'm not sure what your current dev schedule looks like and if you are working on a daily basis then fuck me, I guess, but maybe you could shed some light on that as well :?:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Oddity » Tue Apr 14, 2020 9:19 am

jordancoles wrote:I'm not sure what your current dev schedule looks like and if you are working on a daily basis then fuck me, I guess, but maybe you could shed some light on that as well :?:

also curious
jadamkaz wrote:ah i remember my run in with odditown they are good ppl im sure the only reason they killed ME is because they are troll hunters and i was a troll
Oddity

Postby NeoRed9 » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:33 am

loftar wrote: bread and circuses

I think a better historical leader quote would be "Let them eat cake".
NeoRed9

Postby Lyrroth » Tue Apr 14, 2020 12:37 pm

dont say that update is bad but seems like lazely done. good job tho
Lyrroth

Postby IngloriouslyBad » Tue Apr 14, 2020 11:36 pm

J&L, give melee combat (not spears) love.

Here's some ideas off the top of my head:
Bash - 20% green 10% blue on opponent - 40 CD - Requires shield
Chop - 35 CD + YOU GAIN 1 IP , might help ravens bite not be trash and never used if something green MC wise helped build towards it in openings and IP
Death or Glory - Why is this unarmed combat and not melee combat... hell why not both
Slash - 15% blue - hits on yellow but gives no additional opening in yellow - 40 CD
IngloriouslyBad

Postby Uriel » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:41 am

IngloriouslyBad wrote:J&L, give melee combat (not spears) love.

Chop - 35 CD + YOU GAIN 1 IP , might help ravens bite not be trash and never used if something green MC wise helped build towards it in openings and IP
Death or Glory - Why is this unarmed combat and not melee combat... hell why not both
Slash - 15% blue - hits on yellow but gives no additional opening in yellow - 40 CD

Oi mate, leave combat alone. Lets not go this path again.
Uriel

Postby Mario_Demorez » Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:56 am

NeoRed9 wrote:
loftar wrote: bread and circuses

I think a better historical leader quote would be "Let them eat cake".

Doesn’t really fit. The quote about cake was from an insensitive class that wasn’t being affected by the famine. The class in question wasn’t doing anything and maybe didn’t even understand why they were starving. Jorb and loftar just release small updates every week and people get upset they didn’t do more like fix everything at once.
Mario_Demorez

Postby NeoRed9 » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:14 am

Mario_Demorez wrote:
Doesn’t really fit.

You're a moron.
NeoRed9

Postby Mario_Demorez » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:16 am

NeoRed9 wrote:
Mario_Demorez wrote:
Doesn’t really fit.

You're a moron.

Go ahead. Behead them for giving us an update. You are right. The French beheaded those people because they physically gave them cake. I apologize.
Mario_Demorez

Postby terechgracz » Wed Apr 15, 2020 11:49 am

Uriel wrote:
IngloriouslyBad wrote:J&L, give melee combat (not spears) love.

Oi mate, leave combat alone. Lets not go this path again.

Why? Combat changes are always FUN, you get some change, you can experiment with new decks, even if it's just one move added from time to time, if said new move happens to be too strong then just nerf it.
terechgracz

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements