Game Development: Mine Jesus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mine Jesus

Postby irongete » Mon Apr 20, 2020 7:11 pm

Where is conveyor belt? Used by a character or a cow.
irongete

Postby VDZ » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:18 pm

Clearly Haven & Hearth needs redstone devices.
VDZ

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Apr 20, 2020 8:31 pm

With all the agreement coming about the mine-elevator needing to accept objects, I think I'd prefer that a second tier of mine elevator get added. This one seems reasonably priced for its purpose and utility, adding another version that facilitates transport of liftables seems better than retconning this one. Perhaps we'll get a third, quite expensive, version that allows us to move carts and wagons up and down through the mine just as easily. Clearly they'd have to have a price equal or greater than that of a mine hole unless people couldn't ride on them.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby abt79 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 10:06 pm

loftar wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am disappointed that you went with an inventory space rather than being able to place an object in it, such as a wheelbarrow or chest.

I didn't even consider that, actually. The main idea with mine elevators was really to replace the kind of silly current use of barter stands to accomplish the same thing, which is why I only even considered items. I may consider that for a future change.

Carts of wheelbarrows still work better for ore transport atm, so yes please do
abt79

Postby terechgracz » Wed Apr 22, 2020 5:19 pm

VDZ wrote:Clearly Haven & Hearth needs redstone devices.

Minecarts with logic gates! Ability to load 6 stacks of ore and to ride them like kicksleds but only perpendicular to rails. Also rails could cost nuggets of steel and other metals.,

And if we have mine elevator maybe we could have long mineshaft that you can enter multiple levels from it? Like you could build new minehole inside existing ladder and it would allow you to move up/down.
terechgracz

Postby Thrawn00 » Thu Apr 23, 2020 3:09 am

I have to agree on the upgrading the mine elevator part. Carrying bars down is not an issue, it's needing to return with 18 wheelbarrows of ore that takes forever and with no way to get a wagon into the mine without building it down there and only on that level. Plus often most mines only go straight down for a few levels before people change to a different position finding ore for the next level down. While I love the mine cart and rails idea, we can already build roads so I can't say as it is really that big of a deal.
Thrawn00

Postby shubla » Fri Apr 24, 2020 9:46 pm

I hope we get more bounding boxes this week, like new bounding boxes for every single thing that a rectangle doesnt make sense. Like maybe for players a hexagon or something similar.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Necrisha » Sat Apr 25, 2020 3:38 am

Agreed shubla, hexagon bounding boxes for barrels/big trees would help pathfinding more than hinder.
Necrisha

Previous

Return to Announcements