Game Development: Mine Jesus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mine Jesus

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 19, 2020 8:44 pm

loftar wrote:I've considered making them more expensive, but I also want them to be cheap, so that realms can easily cover large areas instead of just prioritizing the big villages that net them large amounts of authority and leaving everything else unclaimed.

Then why not just increase the claim area along with the cost?
VDZ

Postby SnowWiggles » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:37 pm

I think it's silly that people can delay from the safety of the village. They should have to find the spot originally challenged and delay in person ;)
SnowWiggles

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:39 pm

So now its possible to make chains with these containers and bots, so you can instantaneously transfer items from L10 to overground?
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby loftar » Sun Apr 19, 2020 9:41 pm

shubla wrote:So now its possible to make chains with these containers and bots, so you can instantaneously transfer items from L10 to overground?

I don't see why you would need bots for that. The idea is that you can extend one mine elevator from overground to level 9 without needing any "chains" in between.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:03 pm

loftar wrote:
shubla wrote:So now its possible to make chains with these containers and bots, so you can instantaneously transfer items from L10 to overground?

I don't see why you would need bots for that. The idea is that you can extend one mine elevator from overground to level 9 without needing any "chains" in between.

I am disappointed that you went with an inventory space rather than being able to place an object in it, such as a wheelbarrow or chest. I mean, of course I was hoping I'd be able to pioneer my way through caves with a wagon... but I figured at least a wheelbarrow!
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby loftar » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:26 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am disappointed that you went with an inventory space rather than being able to place an object in it, such as a wheelbarrow or chest.

I didn't even consider that, actually. The main idea with mine elevators was really to replace the kind of silly current use of barter stands to accomplish the same thing, which is why I only even considered items. I may consider that for a future change.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby talon00302 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:29 pm

loftar wrote:I may consider that for a future change.

It would be EXTREMELY welcome. Such a nice feature.
talon00302

Postby shubla » Sun Apr 19, 2020 10:34 pm

loftar wrote:

Oh well, if that is the case then it is indeed quite nice.

I wish there would be some kind of lift to transport hearthlings too though. Something cheaper than what minehole is. (Perhaps you could only build it if you have access to both sides of layers so you couldn't use is at a replacement for minehole in getting deeper)
Then you could choose which layer you want to go with the lift.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ctopolon4 » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:31 pm

make wheelbarrow work with lift, and lift for ppl pls o/
ctopolon4

Postby VDZ » Sun Apr 19, 2020 11:58 pm

loftar wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am disappointed that you went with an inventory space rather than being able to place an object in it, such as a wheelbarrow or chest.

I didn't even consider that, actually. The main idea with mine elevators was really to replace the kind of silly current use of barter stands to accomplish the same thing, which is why I only even considered items. I may consider that for a future change.

Ore tends to get placed in stockpiles and carried away with a wheelbarrow (or a cart full of wheelbarrows). Allowing the elevator to carry wheelbarrows would make much more sense for mining.
VDZ

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements