Game Development: Mine Jesus

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Mine Jesus

Postby bmjclark » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:11 am

Might be nice to have some kind of indicator for where the mine elevator is when you're below it so you dont accidentally build a mine support on the 1 tile you need.
Cajoes wrote:I was the murder victim your guy aggro'd. And slew. Entirely unprovoked. Rather handily at that. Which prompted the retaliatory party. That you also handily slew.
bmjclark

Postby jordancoles » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:19 am

Do these work in house cellars?
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby nero1141 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:21 am

loftar wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am disappointed that you went with an inventory space rather than being able to place an object in it, such as a wheelbarrow or chest.

I didn't even consider that, actually. The main idea with mine elevators was really to replace the kind of silly current use of barter stands to accomplish the same thing, which is why I only even considered items. I may consider that for a future change.

yes yes yes, even if we have no space for items, 1 or 2 space for liftable objects are much better, wheelbarrow, barrel with water, chest with food
nero1141

Postby Hasta » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:23 am

jordancoles wrote:Do these work in house cellars?

As it is written few pages back, they do not.

I suspect they do place a building sign somewhere, but as it is working now, that might be at the 2nd level of whatever Hel we have all our inner rooms misplaced to.
Hasta

Postby KwonChiMin » Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:35 am

With current mechanics (as 8x8 container) it`s still inferior to barter stands. Consider a liftable carrying mechanic or something like a Granary.
KwonChiMin

Postby Tahlia » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:35 am

I agree something that accepts liftables (6 at a time which is a carts worth would be a nice figure, tho of course more would be welcome) would be a nice addition.

This however is pretty awesome for being able to move nuggets and bars for posts down the shaft for mining and things like gems back up the shaft which can be annoying and would take significant space on a barter stand to do.
Tahlia

Postby Vassteel » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:07 am

@jorb @loftar

We have boards
We have Bars of Iron
We have the Push Emote

When can we have Minecarts that we can push to send ore horizontally to the Mine Elevator?
jorb wrote:Stop shitposting.
Vassteel

Postby MagicManICT » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:11 am

Vassteel wrote:We have boards
We have Bars of Iron
We have the Push Emote

When can we have Minecarts that we can push to send ore horizontally to the Mine Elevator?

Better yet: when can we connect our windmills to the system to make them move? Urist McMiner needs to know.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Apr 20, 2020 4:54 pm

loftar wrote:
Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:I am disappointed that you went with an inventory space rather than being able to place an object in it, such as a wheelbarrow or chest.

I didn't even consider that, actually. The main idea with mine elevators was really to replace the kind of silly current use of barter stands to accomplish the same thing, which is why I only even considered items. I may consider that for a future change.

so, years ago you've made that ore stockpile holds 75 units (for better transferring into smelters), and now added a 64-units container to "help miners"? seriously? Do you really think that "We always change the proper size of inventories for everything until we sure not one match another" is a good ad-campaign? time to like on a facebook?
Also, Mine elevator should work like: place a stockpile in adjusted tile with a wheelbarrow right-click, go to adventure menu - select "extract" - point to the elevator, use the pickaxe on the elevator to "demolish the break", wait until it goes up, login on alt on the upper level, choose craft-materials-delivery_account, craft it with 2 hides, right-click it on the elevator, select "pick cargo", use shovel on the tile you want to place stockpile, go to the hearth magic - choose "confirmation magic", pay the price, finish it.
Oh right-click on delivery_accont and select "confirm delivery".
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby svino » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:30 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:Also, Mine elevator should work like: place a stockpile in adjusted tile with a wheelbarrow right-click, go to adventure menu - select "extract" - point to the elevator, use the pickaxe on the elevator to "demolish the break", wait until it goes up, login on alt on the upper level, choose craft-materials-delivery_account, craft it with 2 hides, right-click it on the elevator, select "pick cargo", use shovel on the tile you want to place stockpile, go to the hearth magic - choose "confirmation magic", pay the price, finish it.
Oh right-click on delivery_accont and select "confirm delivery".

i think you forgot the part where you go to adventure -> hearth magic -> scan QR code, then right click village idol and select "show wifi password", and then connect it to the elevator so you can activate it by pressing shift+alt+F10 to enable voice recognition in old norse and then speaking "þára ýpp" to make the elevator go up
svino

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements