Game Development: Garden Bell

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Garden Bell

Postby MagicManICT » Thu Jun 18, 2020 4:34 am

If you choose to live a great distance away from everyone else, you shouldn't expect to get the benefits. Maybe a small group of them gets together and decide they do want a few realm buffs and establishes their own realm. I think the mechanic is working just fine in that regard. Covering the world shouldn't be a no-cost game, and the kingdoms should be calculating their costs of adopting a few more hermits.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Re: Game Development: Garden Bell

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jun 18, 2020 6:36 am

well, It's not really a downside living a great distance from everybody. It's a downside attached to living great distance from everybody while not having any friends in """high places""". It's expensive enough that I wouldn't do it for a nobody, but it would be trivial to spend that authority on a friend, or alt base.

People that start kingdoms that far will also never really be able to afford realm buffs either, because the population is so small and disparate the authority generation likely just isn't there - especially late into the world.

That said, to reiterate, I think the auth cost on building is good for balancing realm expansion if it's being treated as a competition.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Previous

Return to Announcements