Game Development: Smoked Zebra

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Zebra

Postby Syndras » Sun May 10, 2020 8:26 pm

Ardennesss wrote:Image
Edit: I'm curious which direction the variance was reduced. Toward the lower side of the range or the higher.

To clarify, this was before the changes.
Syndras

Postby CSPAN » Sun May 10, 2020 8:33 pm

Oh I see! From what I can tell from my stone nodes, its kept the higher quality and reduced the amount of lower quality stuff. Rather than a 300q stone spot ranging from 150-300 with random q40 rocks, its a steady 260ish to 300. I know yall get nervous when they mess with rocks, but this is a QUALITY update to mining
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Ardennesss » Sun May 10, 2020 8:44 pm

CSPAN wrote:Oh I see! From what I can tell from my stone nodes, its kept the higher quality and reduced the amount of lower quality stuff. Rather than a 300q stone spot ranging from 150-300 with random q40 rocks, its a steady 260ish to 300. I know yall get nervous when they mess with rocks, but this is a QUALITY update to mining
Dank
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby ChildhoodObesity » Sun May 10, 2020 8:47 pm

COOOOOOOOOOOOOMING
ChildhoodObesity

Postby VDZ » Sun May 10, 2020 9:04 pm

Ejnekor wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Abuse is maybe the wrong word, but usually when people try to build safe palis nearby me, I would just bash the gates, seal the cornerposts,

And if a newbie builds a base, someone comes before it soaks, bash gates, seals corners... and a guy no longer able to finish his place and have to re-locate completely out of it? Someone can come and do that again and again. Its impossible to protect initial soak due to 2 days soaking time.

When that happens, consider taking the hint and moving elsewhere. If people are aggressive enough to bash down your gate and seal your cornerposts, they'll likely also be aggressive enough to straight-up murder you if they see you outside of your gates. The gradual soak exists precisely so people can prevent others from settling in 'their territory'.
VDZ

Postby Ejnekor » Sun May 10, 2020 9:08 pm

VDZ wrote:
When that happens, consider taking the hint and moving elsewhere. If people are aggressive enough to bash down your gate and seal your cornerposts, they'll likely also be aggressive enough to straight-up murder you if they see you outside of your gates. The gradual soak exists precisely so people can prevent others from settling in 'their territory'.

It also happens to established villages that start to increase their territory. Randoms come, bash, seal. Go their merry way. There is little to no chance to patrol walls for 2 days to prevent that from happening either.
Ejnekor

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun May 10, 2020 9:14 pm

I mean, you can then bash the cornerpost and extend off of it again. Even if it dries you can bash the flag, then bash the corner post, and extend again. There's an 8 hour dry time on wall segments already connected to dry segments.

idk, seems like if somebody is willing to go to the effort of bashing your entire expansion every day, or bashing your gates every 8 hours for an extended period of time... It being harder for them to make safepalis nearby is probably more relevant to you having a fun time than them being able to seal your cornerposts.
Last edited by SnuggleSnail on Sun May 10, 2020 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby lordgrunt » Sun May 10, 2020 9:20 pm

Thanks for new ore/stone random quality spread. Works much better, rock solid! :D
lordgrunt

Postby Necrisha » Sun May 10, 2020 9:48 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:I mean, you can then bash the cornerpost and extend off of it again. Even if it dries you can bash the flag, then bash the corner post, and extend again. There's an 8 hour dry time on wall segments already connected to dry segments.

idk, seems like if somebody is willing to go to the effort of bashing your entire expansion every day, or bashing your gates every 8 hours for an extended period of time... It being harder for them to make safepalis nearby is probably more relevant to you having a fun time than them being able to seal your cornerposts.

If they're no-life enough to start building a safepali and fuck with my expansion close enough for me to care just to shit disturb I'm moving anyways. It's not worth the effort to counter that kind of idiot if I can't catch him/her in the act. The nomad credo exists for a reason.
Necrisha

Postby Neon14 » Sun May 10, 2020 10:02 pm

cspan deserves a dev cape
BigStronk
Neon14

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements