Game Development: Smoked Zebra

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Zebra

Postby czaper2 » Sun May 10, 2020 7:43 pm

loftar wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:but when autists abuse those mechanics it's kinda gross

What would be an example of abuse in this case? Can't say I obviously see one.

czaper2

Postby Clenda » Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Reduced the general variance in quality from ore.

So it's more difficult to have quality for hermite that not already at lvl9? or the base ore has been upgrade first?
Clenda

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun May 10, 2020 7:47 pm

Abuse is maybe the wrong word, but usually when people try to build safe palis nearby me, I would just bash the gates, seal the cornerposts, and build cairns or my own Pclaims to block their Pclaim. When there was cascade I would just destroy the whole thing because it wouldn't take 4000 hours. This would basically render their soaked claim irrelevant without having to siege it, which takes more effort than them just making another Pclaim.

Now, if somebody gets a Pclaim down nearby you, if it's big enough, they can move the claim pole constantly so it's unsiegeable, never seal their posts so they can extend/rebuild easily until you finally don't bash for a day/8 hours. Keep in mind even with very high str it takes x100 as long to destroy as it does to build.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby CSPAN » Sun May 10, 2020 7:48 pm

jorb wrote:We've been developing, and here's what's new.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Reduced the general variance in quality from ore.

My endless whining worked!! Praise Jorb and Loftar. Trying out the variance now. Thank you so much guys.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

Postby Baldarich » Sun May 10, 2020 7:49 pm

CSPAN wrote:

Small Fixes
-----------------------

My endless whining worked!! Praise Jorb and Loftar. Trying out the variance now. Thank you so much guys.

inb4 it broke mining lul
Teleskop wrote:if the chance to win a lottery is 1 to 1 000 000 it doesnt mean im any closer to winning after buying 1 000 000 tickets
Baldarich

Postby Ardennesss » Sun May 10, 2020 7:52 pm

Baldarich wrote:
CSPAN wrote:

Small Fixes
-----------------------

inb4 it broke mining lul

Edit: I'm curious which direction the variance was reduced. Toward the lower side of the range or the higher.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Ejnekor » Sun May 10, 2020 7:54 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:Abuse is maybe the wrong word, but usually when people try to build safe palis nearby me, I would just bash the gates, seal the cornerposts,

And if a newbie builds a base, someone comes before it soaks, bash gates, seals corners... and a guy no longer able to finish his place and have to re-locate completely out of it? Someone can come and do that again and again. Its impossible to protect initial soak due to 2 days soaking time.
Ejnekor

Postby Ardennesss » Sun May 10, 2020 7:55 pm

Ejnekor wrote:
SnuggleSnail wrote:Abuse is maybe the wrong word, but usually when people try to build safe palis nearby me, I would just bash the gates, seal the cornerposts,

And if a newbie builds a base, someone comes before it soaks, bash gates, seals corners... and a guy no longer able to finish his place and have to re-locate completely out of it? Someone can come and do that again and again. Its impossible to protect initial soak due to 2 days soaking time.
That's partially Snail's point. Changes like this benefit hermits and are done with good intentions, but can be abused by others.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Redlaw » Sun May 10, 2020 7:57 pm

Nice update, hoping sausages will be next.
Redlaw

Postby CSPAN » Sun May 10, 2020 8:06 pm

Ardennesss wrote:Image
Edit: I'm curious which direction the variance was reduced. Toward the lower side of the range or the higher.

I have not experienced this yet, the overall average is MUCH MUCH MUCH more balanced. This is a significant time saver.
LS of Twin Lakes BIG TRUCKS
CSPAN

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements