Game Development: Creel Quern

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Creel Quern

Postby AtoB » Wed May 20, 2020 6:52 pm

Garlicman wrote:If only there was such a thing as making camera angle locking (or free rotation) optional.

Impossible... that would be technology from the distant future, if possible at all.
AtoB

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Wed May 20, 2020 10:17 pm

The main question since this patch is:
Why the hell push-out mechanic is broken? My char get stuck on any obstacle he can. Just like in good old 2016.
And the fact I'm the first to report it after 4 days have passed shows how good the forum is for getting feedback for devs... seems like there is just noone who really plays the game.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby jorb » Wed May 20, 2020 10:54 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:The main question since this patch is:
Why the hell push-out mechanic is broken? My char get stuck on any obstacle he can. Just like in good old 2016.
And the fact I'm the first to report it after 4 days have passed shows how good the forum is for getting feedback for devs... seems like there is just noone who really plays the game.

I heard something to that effect, but I'm not sure I can naively reproduce it. A more concrete case description would be sweet.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby Agrik » Thu May 21, 2020 12:47 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote:And the fact I'm the first to report it after 4 days have passed shows how good the forum is for getting feedback for devs... seems like there is just noone who really plays the game.
Or no one was bothered enough to put an effort in reaching developers to give that feedback. AFAIR, each game account is a forum account as well, so nothing technically stops anybody playing from messaging developers on the forum. If the player wants to, at least a little bit.
Agrik

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu May 21, 2020 8:19 am

jorb wrote:
Enjoyment_2 wrote:The main question since this patch is:

I heard something to that effect, but I'm not sure I can naively reproduce it. A more concrete case description would be sweet.

the same with cupboards
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Hasta » Thu May 21, 2020 11:50 pm

I just thought my char got so fat he gets stuck on corners.

Easily replicable with cheese racks, cupboards, anything you could actually "slide" along you now get stopped after you pass 2 objects since you started moving.
Hasta

Postby valeriesusanne » Sat May 23, 2020 11:27 pm

I have the same problem - getting stuck easily and not being able to "slide" down a row of, say, crates or cabinets (perfectly in line!), but I just thought it was just how the game worked, or just me.
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby DeadlyPencil » Sun May 24, 2020 5:07 am

Are you guys ever gonna fix the audio? i was hoping the new client would finally fix the issue. NOPE. skips just like the old client.
DeadlyPencil

Postby Artemiswhb » Sun May 24, 2020 11:01 am

DeadlyPencil wrote:Are you guys ever gonna fix the audio? i was hoping the new client would finally fix the issue. NOPE. skips just like the old client.

:audiobuf 8192
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=39939&start=40#p598394
Artemiswhb

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun May 24, 2020 2:37 pm

Artemiswhb wrote:
DeadlyPencil wrote:Are you guys ever gonna fix the audio? i was hoping the new client would finally fix the issue. NOPE. skips just like the old client.

:audiobuf 8192
http://www.havenandhearth.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=39939&start=40#p598394

well, maybe he talks about you should type it once in any custom client, but in vanilla you should make it every time you launch the client, and THAT could be fixed...
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements