Game Development: Smoked Help

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby Kuddie » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:10 pm

Wow this is a pretty great update, smoked sausages, help menu ( finally!!!! ) and less of the worst season of them all.
Now just make snow appear faster during winter so it's atleast somewhat playable.

Glad you guys are back!
Kuddie

Postby Necrisha » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:57 am

While I understand the sentiment, I feel the cut time is too big, I'd suggest 8 days winter, 7-days spring, and condense snowfall and crop blight as a single decay hit. Then move the 2 winter days to summer, and the 3 spring to fall. Other possible moves that might be of particular interest for farming is to change how seedless crops are handled- perhaps making the non-trellis based ones overwinter with an additional quality boost that can go over native cap and be retrieved in spring?
Necrisha

Postby pawnchito » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:14 am

NeoBasilisk wrote:I liked 10 days of winter, but if it's going to stay at 5 days then please make the snow cover the ground much faster at the beginning of winter.

hope all are doing better. cool changes so far. agree with this concern. also, caps on crops seem kinda low!?
pawnchito

Postby Cayur » Mon Jun 29, 2020 2:52 am

Cayur

Postby vatas » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:38 am

I support the notion of "snow starting to fall in the last days of autumn and only starting to melt during spring to ensure entirety of winter is fully covered in snow."
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:43 am

pawnchito wrote:
NeoBasilisk wrote:caps on crops seem kinda low!? high
don't you think?
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Yuginelol » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:21 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
Yuginelol wrote:With 5 days winter change, speeding up covering to 200% speed and removal by 150% (it's actually part of spring anyway) would probably feel right and keep sled-bear-hunting enthusiasts satisfied until winter gets expanded.

Another acceptable answer is to return Winter to its original length, and have snow start falling in the last few days of Autumn, and start thawing in the first few days of spring. Make sure most of winter is snow-covered.

Exactly yes, to paraphrase into more universal formula: covering and removal should be a fraction of winter rl days length during autumn and spring respectively. Altho I imagine there might be issues with crop handling if it starts snowing during autumn.
Yuginelol

Postby Hadehariast » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:50 pm

Some initial results:

Q10 Maple Blocks, Q37 Smoker

Results Compared to Base Sausage:

Badger Botillo - Added Strength FEPs. Increased both Constitution and Agility FEPs. 7.93 FEPs/Hunger @ Q22.8
Boar Baloney - Added Perception FEPs. Increased Strength, Constitution and Agility FEPs. 6.41 FEPs/Hunger @ Q33.5
Cave Dog - Reduced Hunger. Increased Perception and Psyche FEPs. 15.94 FEPs/Hunger @ Q31.9.
Swan Neck - Replaced Dexterity+2 FEPs with Consitution+1 FEPs. Increased Perception+2 FEPs dramatically. Increased Charisma FEPs. 17.05 FEPs/Hunger @ Q37.4. Worth investigating if swapping lettuce leaf for another leaf will cause the dish to retain the Dexterity+2 FEPs.
Chicken Chorizo - Removed Charisma+2 FEPs. Increased Dexterity+1 FEPs dramatically. Increased Perception and Will FEPs. 8.46 FEPs/Hunger @ Q32.7.
Boar Boudin - Increased Constitution FEPs dramatically. 4.77 FEPs/Hunger @ Q31.8.
Delicious Deer Dog - Added Dexterity+1 FEPs. Increased Agility+2, Intelligence+1, and Perception+1 FEPs. 4.07 FEPs/Hunger @ Q27.4.
Hadehariast

Postby synntax33 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:15 pm

Hadehariast wrote:Some initial results:

Badger Botillo - Added Strength FEPs. Increased both Constitution and Agility FEPs. 7.93 FEPs/Hunger @ Q22.8.

Seeing this increase of values on a finished product makes me think that using smoked and dried meats in current recipes to increase the values of the final outcome might be nice, i.e. The values of a piece of raw chicken being increased by a smoker making a better sausage, which could then be.... smoked for a combined effect. Otherwise I have lots of smoked meat I really don't eat....
synntax33

Postby Hadehariast » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:44 pm

synntax33 wrote:
Hadehariast wrote:Some initial results:

Badger Botillo - Added Strength FEPs. Increased both Constitution and Agility FEPs. 7.93 FEPs/Hunger @ Q22.8.

Seeing this increase of values on a finished product makes me think that using smoked and dried meats in current recipes to increase the values of the final outcome might be nice, i.e. The values of a piece of raw chicken being increased by a smoker making a better sausage, which could then be.... smoked for a combined effect. Otherwise I have lots of smoked meat I really don't eat....

That's an interesting hypothesis. Is it possible to use smoked meats in sausages? I haven't tried it, and I don't have any smoked meat on-hand. If it can be used in sausage recipes, then it adds even more variables to be explored.
Hadehariast

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements