Game Development: Smoked Help

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Smoked Help

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Jun 28, 2020 4:53 am

Pls find some way to make the winter map less gross
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby thesourceofsadness » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:14 am

jorb wrote:Winter has been shortened to 5 RL days...

My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined.
thesourceofsadness

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:16 am

I liked 10 days of winter, but if it's going to stay at 5 days then please make the snow cover the ground much faster at the beginning of winter.
NeoBasilisk

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:14 am

1. make winter-only animal, that spawns on rare biomes.
2. shorten the spawn period by half
3. done - now you have a content 90% of players won't ever see.
good job.
bring back 10 days winter and remove spring entirely - half of the trees didn't hit the summer until it was 20th day, so we already have spring in summer, no need to suffer it for another 10RL days

also, new gild is too OP and too dumb. Why did you put a dexterity as affinity if there's literally ZERO clothes with it? why have some numbers as matching/not if you never can match? why 5 nuggets if you can craft it by 9? that's not "fun" but plain stupid.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby mvgulik » Sun Jun 28, 2020 12:18 pm

Interesting ".../halp/..." deviation on the general English res-files naming style.

Seems perfect case for some potential future dev-typo hiccups.
mvgulik

Postby iamahh » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:51 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:that's not "fun" but plain stupid.

maybe treat people with respect and you'll be listened, not hard to understand unless you suffer from murica disability
iamahh

Postby Yuginelol » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:23 pm

jorb wrote:
satinembers wrote:I have mixed feelings about shortened winters. I like sled hunting, but for the first couple of days there isn't enough snow and ice to make it worthwhile. Now we'll have less time, unless the pace of snow accumulation can be increased.

Otherwise, nice update.

Thanks! Will consider covering over with snow faster.

Okay if that's the case - winter gets more tolerable. Though I do have to ask: if this is implemented, is it gonna affect both covering with snow and removing said snow in spring? Even that recent winter, which lasted only 10 rl days, felt like it took too long to first cover with snow and then to thaw. With 5 days winter change, speeding up covering to 200% speed and removal by 150% (it's actually part of spring anyway) would probably feel right and keep sled-bear-hunting enthusiasts satisfied until winter gets expanded.
Yuginelol

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Sun Jun 28, 2020 3:21 pm

Yuginelol wrote:With 5 days winter change, speeding up covering to 200% speed and removal by 150% (it's actually part of spring anyway) would probably feel right and keep sled-bear-hunting enthusiasts satisfied until winter gets expanded.

Another acceptable answer is to return Winter to its original length, and have snow start falling in the last few days of Autumn, and start thawing in the first few days of spring. Make sure most of winter is snow-covered.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby Noomer » Sun Jun 28, 2020 5:12 pm

Shoot and Help! are both bound to the H key on the initial menu. :mrgreen:
Noomer

Postby Angwyn » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:24 pm

It would probably be better if you made spring 5 days instead of winter. I suppose it could be said that winter does not have enough content yet, but it does have some unique content, while spring has none at all.
While you're at it, you could consider making trees respawn all seeds the second it turns summer. That would remove another pain point with seasons.
Angwyn

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements