Game Development: Pink Angler

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pink Angler

Postby iamahh » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:29 pm

would be nice to have a visual indication you're docked, some rope stockpile could indicate
iamahh

Postby Hauk » Sun Jul 19, 2020 10:33 pm

jorb wrote:
Hauk wrote:The rl soapmaker in me likes this

Post bars!

Hauk

Postby NeoBasilisk » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:07 pm

jorb wrote:[*] A person with Vandalism permissions may now "Unmoor" ships moored at claimed docks. Ships can never be unmoored from unclaimed docks.

I'm probably not aware of some other mechanic, but what is the reason for this distinction?
NeoBasilisk

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun Jul 19, 2020 11:09 pm

I am getting very excited about all the new chemistry comming.
I am a chemist myself and true I found todays technologies in the field interesting, but nothing was as facinating as the early frontiers in Alchemy/Chemistry.
I still wonder how the thought-process of some alcvhemists were back then.
It is said that someone tried to extract the "golden" color of urin becuase he thought it might actually be gold (or a way of getting it) ... however what he discovered was phosphorus.

I am very interesed what applications you found for chemistry in HnH (maybe extract ore from gold with wuicksilver? ... I just hope it won't poison out drinking water)
Please do continue working on it.
Schattengaenger

Postby TheOriginalFive » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:59 am

Keep the knarrs only bashable by siege engine and I wouldn't mind having to worry about docks.
TheOriginalFive

Postby jordancoles » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:12 am

The sad thing is that because cloaks take up the head and the cape slot they are always destined to be bad. Aside from some sort of movement speed buff I can't really think of any bonuses that would make giving up a gear slot worth it.

If all cloaks allowed us to put down the hood like the druid's cloak, then I think they would be a nice thing
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:33 am

good job on adding perception affinity on a cape. of course, the eye symbol matching the eye-fish is way more important than the existence of any perc-affinated gilds. Also, making so lye needs 12 ingame hours to boil (0.45 max) - is a good way to keep high-q glass for botters only.
Good patch, indeed.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Okocim » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:53 am

imo just make it so you don't need siege charge on your cata if knarr is not docked. This way you still need a little bit of investment to destroy knarr.
Okocim

Postby Amanda44 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 am

Hopefully we can finally have another use for jars with the new mats we will get in connection with the journey into Alchemy.

Also, wanted to say ... paintings look sooo much better now. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Kyline » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:23 am

Enjoyment_2 wrote: making so lye needs 12 ingame hours to boil (0.45 max) - is a good way to keep high-q glass for botters only.

Okay this is my biggest problem with the patch so far. It takes nearly 4 hours rl time to make the lye for 22.5 pieces of glass... yes you can be doing other stuff while you wait but you need to go back to that cauldron at least once to refill it maybe twice. That's a long time for such a small return. Frankly it sucks. Hugely. Please respect your player bases time and make the boiling to be at least the time it takes to boil off 20L water or less.
Kyline

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements