Game Development: Pink Angler

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Pink Angler

Postby Lalaxx » Wed Jul 22, 2020 4:13 pm

not_a_cat wrote:maybe it is worth considering making new Pink slightly lighter? Let's say 40% whiter.

So, instead of
██████ - Purple: #BE2882
██████ - Red: #F01432
██████ - Pink: #EE108E
██████ - White: #DCDCDC
we'll get
██████ - Purple: #BE2882
██████ - Red: #F01432
██████ - Pink: #E75E7E
██████ - White: #DCDCDC

i agree. pink should be lighter.
Lalaxx

Postby Ants » Wed Jul 29, 2020 4:52 am

Thank you for the pigment based devs!
May I suggest the pink be a bit lighter? It's pretty similar to purple pigment right now.
Haven's most kawaii retarded ethot karen
Ants

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 29, 2020 5:05 am

Ants wrote:Thank you for the pigment based devs!
May I suggest the pink be a bit lighter? It's pretty similar to purple pigment right now.

I'm not one to use artwork much, but let's make sure this waits until a world reset. It'd kind of suck for those with custom work to have a color change and throw off the look mid world.

Agree the pink needs to be lighter, and the purple a different shade/tint/whatever is the appropriate term for this... I ain't no artist.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jul 29, 2020 7:25 am

MagicManICT wrote:
Ants wrote:Thank you for the pigment based devs!

I'm not one to use artwork much, but let's make sure this waits until a world reset. It'd kind of suck for those with custom work to have a color change and throw off the look mid world.

Seems like a valid argument/excuse ... when the suggestion was made a few months after the patch. Not for one that was made within 2 days after the patch.
In addition. It assumes a color change like that would affect already processed sketches (ie: dyn res files). Which makes no sense, as processed sketches are stored as PNG's ... with final colors.

Just some (older) dyn res file with its hnh header removed.

---

Mmm. It looks to me it might technically be possible that one could run a special custom-server for serving alternative dyn res files ... for custom clients.
Just some thought passing by.
mvgulik

Postby MagicManICT » Wed Jul 29, 2020 10:41 am

mvgulik wrote:Seems like a valid argument/excuse ... when the suggestion was made a few months after the patch. Not for one that was made within 2 days after the patch.
In addition. It assumes a color change like that would affect already processed sketches (ie: dyn res files). Which makes no sense, as processed sketches are stored as PNG's ... with final colors.

Given that they're hosted on the server, and not distributed from the user, I shall make no assumptions about how any changes made will affect the game and its appearances. It is an easy assumption to make that, once uploaded, the file won't change. It's still an assumption, though.
Opinions expressed in this statement are the authors alone and in no way reflect on the game development values of the actual developers.
MagicManICT

Postby mvgulik » Wed Jul 29, 2020 1:14 pm

MagicManICT wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Seems like a valid argument/excuse ... when the suggestion was made a few months after the patch. Not for one that was made within 2 days after the patch.

Given that they're hosted on the server, and not distributed from the user, I shall make no assumptions about how any changes made will affect the game and its appearances. It is an easy assumption to make that, once uploaded, the file won't change. It's still an assumption, though.

That's rich. Accusing me of an 'easy' assumption while not bringing in any support data to bare yourself ... other than one's own lack of related knowledge.

MagicManICT wrote:I shall make no assumptions about how any changes made will affect the game and its appearances.

Are you saying that your suggestion to wait was not based on the assumption that, "making a small change to one color would affect the already active/stored images of other users", with:
MagicManICT wrote:let's make sure this waits until a world reset. It'd kind of suck for those with custom work to have a color change and throw off the look mid world.

I don't see any words like "probably", "maybe", "potential", etc. Which I think are generally useful to use when one is not sure about something.

MagicManICT wrote:It is an easy assumption to make that, once uploaded, the file won't change.

Considering I provided a dyn image that shows that it contains color data, I think its a bit more than "just some easy assumption".
Not sure why you think a scan of all stored user-images/sketches, and a adjustment where needed, makes any sense. As that would be needed to account for a potential general change to already stored user-images (after some, supported user pallet, color-value change).

---
(Gone to PM)
Last edited by mvgulik on Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvgulik

Postby Hasta » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:55 pm

You're actually in a heated, chain-organised argument about slight difference of the color pink. In it's own sad way that's impressing.
Hasta

Postby iamahh » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:40 am

mvgulik wrote:Just for fun (Cross-Eye 3D)

neat
iamahh

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:51 am

iamahh wrote:
mvgulik wrote:Just for fun (Cross-Eye 3D)

neat

Thank you. I appreciate that.
mvgulik

Postby SnuggleSnail » Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:19 pm

Every safepali I had a fealty stone in now has a vclaim and a cairn. Compared to normal realm management the need to maintain a few villages is very trivial. Not that they even need to be maintained because of palis considering themselves claimed regardless of if their claim has auth
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Previous

Return to Announcements