Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Postby jordancoles » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:31 pm

Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby strpk0 » Wed Jul 22, 2020 11:58 pm

Member when haven used to be a charming, simple and fun game you could relax and play with, and didn't need to give yourself a headache worrying about all these obscure, piled-on mechanics attached to now almost literally every piece of content the game has to offer?

I member.
Granger wrote:Fuck off, please go grow yourself some decency.

strpk0

Postby Artemiswhb » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:18 am

strpk0 wrote:Member when haven used to be a charming, simple and fun game you could relax and play with, and didn't need to give yourself a headache worrying about all these obscure, piled-on mechanics attached to now almost literally every piece of content the game has to offer?

I member.

Nah man, gotta turn it into a korean mmo where you have to keep track of 20 different spreadsheets to at least keep up-to-date with your chores
Artemiswhb

Postby LunarArchon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:19 am

Would prefer if the crop Q capping was reworked instead of handled this way.

This change sucks for remote players who won't benefit from local boosts created by the villages/realms. At least distant plebs benefit from realm buffs and could even extend the bonuses with fealty stones. Also they are encouraged to trade away localized resources to boost the realm buffs. The yearly decay will just create a massive amount of work(sourcing salt) for small groups if you want to maintain the bonuses in this situation. Some of this could possibly be mitigated by making it a village/realm object that is sustained with authority.

The concept of a magic circles is pretty cool but, as a loner on the west cont, this is just more content that I will never see or benefit from.
LunarArchon

Postby Clemence » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:19 am

you still can relax, this thing is for hard core gamer, a casual dont need it.
Clemence

Postby HarryDresden » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:32 am

strpk0 wrote:Member when haven used to be a charming, simple and fun game you could relax and play with, and didn't need to give yourself a headache worrying about all these obscure, piled-on mechanics attached to now almost literally every piece of content the game has to offer?

I member.

You can still play Casual and EZ mode, just buy crops from the big bois to keep up in quality. Let them worry about their autistic Corn Demon summoning.
Yes, I am a Wizard.
loftar wrote: bear fruit is not something I can predict,.

Beborn Beton wrote: "Don't Worry, They Won't Find My Body, I Want You To Know I Found Peace In Another World."
HarryDresden

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:38 am

I member.

Salem, away!
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Zentetsuken » Thu Jul 23, 2020 12:44 am

btw isn't salting the earth suppose to make it less fertile?
Zentetsuken

Postby wonder-ass » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:15 am

looks cool larp wise. could be fun to add more varients that have no effect other than look cool.
see homo sexuality trending,. do not do that.
wonder-ass

Postby HorridStonefish » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:19 am

I feel like every update all i see is 'botters wet dream', lets break this down for this update.

1) No quality cap on crops, For botters: build bot to farm, continually raise quality, profit. For non-botters: sacrifice life to the game in order to keep up or pay exorbitant prices to botters for top q seeds knowing they are behind in q at purchase and will be out of date within weeks.

2) Quality cap on crops: For botters: build farm bot, get capped, maybe build bot to search for higher q node. For non-botters: farm, maybe end up with a cap that is higher than the botters, maybe search around for higher node.

3) Added crop circle: For botters: build farm bot, get capped, maybe build bot to search for higher q node, build bot for salt and HW leaves (is this even worth the effort? I dunno) or trade for leaves and salt. For non-botters: farm, maybe end up with a cap that is higher than the botters, maybe search around for higher node, take control of some leaves/salt for own circles or trade to botters and buy seeds.

For me the 'botters wet dream' is option 1. The crop circle makes it a little better for 'botters', in a way, but also allows those with salt and HW access something to trade as it opens up the quality cap. It also forces more conflict over resources which is good for the pvp crowd, another reason to go and fight.

The other thing I see a lot is 'this just helps the big factions', anything that involves added time is going to help those with a larger group who have more time to invest than a single hermit, and quite frankly it should. Hurting hermits is not the same as helping big factions or offering more content at the top, this doesn't hurt hermits, most will never see a need for it or will see the prices of their HW and salt go up.

I love the seasonal influence. This helps mitigate the just build 200 of them and also adds a cool thematic piece to seasons, unfortunately it is another reason for peeps to hate on winter but maybe we will see some other seasons being a bit of a bastard in some way too.

I like this update.
HorridStonefish

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements