Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:04 pm

what is the reason of cd between shots? if char needs a break, then what is the reason for taking time before shot?
maybe it would be better to make so you can't damage wild animals with ranged combat at all, so ppl just won't hunt, and you can easily "balance" pvp-archery? if you care about 3 pvp-retards more than others...
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Hasta » Thu Jul 23, 2020 6:06 pm

Sooo yah I get it you guys taking babysteps one at a time with all this developement shebang. I won't say you took a step in the wrong direction with these crap circles, but it surely looks like you've stepped in shit.
Hasta

Postby mvgulik » Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm

Noid wrote:Anyone else noticed the similarity of that circle with the alchemist's ones?

Nope.

Seems just some ordinary double circle with the viking/norse rune Fehu (wealth) in it.
mvgulik

Postby maze » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:16 am

It's not a bad idea...honestly. But it's to easy for botters to abuse.
Resource nodes need to be fixed so people can't just log on and grab the resources and log off.

EVER resource node in the world is currently botted.
if 1 person contest 1 node. the same botter still has 30 other nodes. they don't give a fk.

We need ways to make it so resources go to groups of players instead of a single player who snipes stuff.
WARNING! MY ENGISH SUCKS.
game ideas
maze

Postby Noid » Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:38 am

mvgulik wrote:
Noid wrote:Anyone else noticed the similarity of that circle with the alchemist's ones?

Nope.

Seems just some ordinary double circle with the viking/norse rune Fehu (wealth) in it.

Noid

Postby DRetZ » Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:17 am

I don't up my str/mc/ua and mostly playing with my bow.. and they add the cooldown each attack .. RIP my time ~I feel useless now.
W12 : Dret
W13 : VeNN
W14 : Mr.R
W15 : Mr.Stubborn A

GMT/UTC : +7 Indonesia
DRetZ

Postby Cajoes » Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:13 am

Zentetsuken wrote:
CSPAN wrote:I figured the idea behind crop quality limitations were to inhibit some form of trade.

It was, but the same retards who wrote novels about how much they hate having their crops being capped are already crying about this update.

Sadly the people who bitch the loudest make the biggest impact on development.

Yet you sit as living proof to that statement not being true.
Cajoes

Postby Bajceps » Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:42 pm

DRetZ wrote:I don't up my str/mc/ua and mostly playing with my bow.. and they add the cooldown each attack .. RIP my time ~I feel useless now.

Same here, a bear is now out of the picture for me.
Bajceps

Postby Haz425 » Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:06 pm

What precisely is the goal that you were aiming to achieve with this change? And why do you feel it was necessary, as opposed to any other change to the farming system? There have been many suggestions for alterations to the system both on the forums and on Discord which are leagues ahead of this in planning.

This is an 'out' primarily affecting botters and larger groups/factions of mechanic which as far as I'm aware specifically circumvents a mechanic you implemented to hinder growth caused by botting and factions. Other than a resource sink for salt and leaves, I really don't see how this particularly helps smaller groups, casual players or hermits who simply aren't going to be hogging or botting for local res. If there are any available resource points currently, then this change will mean those aforementioned botters and factions will be looking to allocate more to hogging the resources.

It's a bit out of touch. The hidden-mechanic based farming system doesn't spark joy, and with this extra layer of unnecessary tedium for regular people it's not a seemingly purposeful or fruitful change. Would it not be potentially be more beneficial to implement a way to determine the elements of a node instead of requiring people to spam farm areas all over the place? It doesn't have to be complex. You could retain the 'ritualistic' nature of what you've implemented here and target it towards providing a way to determine factors affecting growth, caps and whatever else goes on behind-the-scenes. This, at the very least, provides a meaningful and purposeful change to alter how people interact and play the game in regards to farming; It reduces a level of tedium without undermining the cap you introduced specifically for this world (I presume was to limit factions and botters, which this change seems to undermine). This is just a free-form idea, so very little thought behind it. I'm sure there are far better solutions and suggestions from someone smarter than myself on the forum.

I'm not against things being difficult, or hard to obtain in any sense. I still play the game at the end of the day with a spreadsheet open at all times. I would much prefer to have additional content (for winter, for example), or a purposeful change made to make an element of gameplay more interactive and enjoyable.

I hate to be overly critical and negative, because I love the game and wouldn't usually post, but this 'update' seems so thoughtless and frankly lazy. Feel free to rip me a new one if I'm just being stupid, but I do genuinely love this game despite its flaws.
Haz425

Postby Gojo » Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:55 pm

Why jorb, why do you torture us...
Gojo

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements