Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Postby synntax33 » Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:39 pm

Haz425 wrote: I still play the game at the end of the day with a spreadsheet open at all times.

What's on this spreadsheet, if I may ask?
synntax33

Postby Noid » Sat Jul 25, 2020 5:46 pm

Haz425 wrote:I'm not against things being difficult, or hard to obtain in any sense. I still play the game at the end of the day with a spreadsheet open at all times. I would much prefer to have additional content (for winter, for example), or a purposeful change made to make an element of gameplay more interactive and enjoyable.

Yes
Noid

Postby stranger9 » Sun Jul 26, 2020 9:47 am

Rarely used combat bow... But Reloading kills its use even more. Please return as it was... Thanks for your attention. ☮️
stranger9

Postby not_a_cat » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:43 am

@devs
Please consider further range combat tweaks:

Gear switch cooldown seems alright. Equiping/switching bow in combat works as one could expect.

Issue is each shot gives a cooldown that is too long, which makes range combat completely useless in some cases:
in PvE range attacks still makes things too easy when you target can be one-shot'd. And they're more or less useless if a target can withstand at least one hit.

Probably it is worth considering removing/decreasing shoot cooldown 2-5 times (e.g. make slings have fastest cooldown and so on). We already have pre-shot delay (timer between click is made and shot is executed). Having two delays feels quite wrong
not_a_cat

Postby dafels » Sun Jul 26, 2020 10:49 am

strpk0 wrote:Member when haven used to be a charming, simple and fun game you could relax and play with, and didn't need to give yourself a headache worrying about all these obscure, piled-on mechanics attached to now almost literally every piece of content the game has to offer?

I member.

This is true. The game is now a clusterfuck of features, rules and constraints. Keeping things simple is key, but Loftar and Jorb are not good at it. It is easy to make bloated clusterfuck. Revert the development branch back to 2015 back to its fundamentals when the game was in its simplest state and try to not fuck up this time bruhs.
dafels

Postby OrionChocoKot » Mon Jul 27, 2020 9:45 pm

i believe that cooldown after each shot is a bug
OrionChocoKot

Postby DDDsDD999 » Tue Jul 28, 2020 2:35 am

If anything, nerf archery more, it's still op.
DDDsDD999

Postby Fostik » Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:14 am

loftar wrote:All crop types (rather than being specific for, say, the barley quality cap or similarly). The radius is fairly large, roughly 15 minimap grids or so, but decreasing from the center towards the edges.

Not sure it was considered to benefit big groups, but wanted to say that I'm happy that game will now have some mechanic that benefits big villages.
We have ~10 people living on ~7 personal plots, so everyone who will build crop circles will buff other villagers.
Despite the fact that crop circle is band aid for bad band aid farming mechanic, I would say that more mechanics like that would be great!
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Previous

Return to Announcements