Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Creamy Crop Circle

Postby SnuggleSnail » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:38 am

Pretty sure the end result to crop circles is just 5 faction villages group up and pool resources to raise turnip/flaxQ, and very few people if anybody outside of like 3 autistic quality grinding villages will get very far in cropQ. The autistic few who do use crop circles to their fullest extent won't enjoy their time doing so, but get a pretty significant benefit in the quality of every aspect of industry, since flax touches everything. Everybody else can go fuck themselves, I guess.

I can see where J&L are coming from with a lot of their quality related content, but I think the majority of the time when subjected to the autism this community will apply, it just makes the game less fun for everybody. Less fun for the people committed to doing boring, tedious stuff for an advantage, and unfun for the people who get disadvantaged by it.

There is a flax bot in a public client right now. In world 10/11/12 up until now any random hermit/small village could very realistically have competitive flax, but that's simply not a realistic goal for 99% of the haven population with these mechanics. Flax/Metal/Bones/Rocks/Turnips are all SO integral to every aspect of industry that I think the game would be far more enjoyable if everybody (with a realistic amount of effort) can have them at fairly equal qualities.
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby jordancoles » Thu Jul 23, 2020 1:50 am

SnuggleSnail wrote:Everybody else can go fuck themselves, I guess.

Precedent was already set for this by meteors, and pretty much everything else :roll:
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Potjeh » Thu Jul 23, 2020 2:25 am

Crop caps shouldn't have been on invisible nodes anyway. Instead different continents should have different continent-wide caps.
Image Bottleneck
Potjeh

Postby pawnchito » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:06 am

not a fan of crop caps. this is at least a sorta fix for it. another sink for the good stuff though, ouch.
pawnchito

Postby Darruin » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:48 am

I like crop caps because it stops botters from getting autisticly high q. Crop circles are a way to circumvent this quickly but it requires a significant yearly effort to do so (only big groups will be able to manage). Since high q flax matters, this pushes small groups behind.

I think it would be better if you could only build one in the area and it never decayed. Once a year you have to sacrifice something to it, which would increase it's effect, permanently. Hermits living near someone else's village would benefit from it, but they also have the option of building somewhere else and building their own crop circle entirely. This way you might have a 5 year old crop circle which is giving a +100 boost to the cap.
Darruin

Postby abt79 » Thu Jul 23, 2020 3:58 am

Devs commited to killing a game they don’t play, part 386
abt79

Postby Roxaereon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:17 am

Probably a good idea if crops caps were very noticeable, all crops gave seeds while produce is unreplantable, and the cap is continent wide. I think crop trading should be a thing. If I have something good that I can trade with another player for their good q crops, maybe I can use it to supply other people in the continent. Scenarios like that.
World 10 - Villager - STK
World 11 - Lawspeaker - Krysaro
World 12 - Lawspeaker - Neimrahava
Roxaereon

Postby Z1ggy » Thu Jul 23, 2020 4:33 am

So, if i don't have any crop caps at the moment i just don't bother about that new thing?
Z1ggy

Postby Detharon » Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:32 am

With the removal of spiralling I thought you want to flatten the differences between big factions and the others.

Now this update does something completely opposite. Big factions have tons of natural resources from trading and claiming them with alts around the world.

Before this update it was possible for a hermit to have better flax. Now it's virtually impossible, as 20 experienced people playing together will obviously have more natural resources.

Now it's even harder than there were no caps at all. In W10 I had a very competitive industry thanks to trading, and I didn't even use any bot for farming.
Detharon

Postby TalosB » Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:02 am

Buildable rituals? tch, nice) Hope there will be more of them, not only for crops...
TalosB

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements