Game Development: Alchemical Adventures

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Alchemical Adventures

Postby Fostik » Wed Aug 05, 2020 1:30 pm

These two hustlers show up at your Village by the Sea, looking to give you a potion with elixir, that gives some stats for 7.30 minutes, but also gives a wound that will heal 3 month.
WWYD?
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Lalaxx » Wed Aug 05, 2020 2:02 pm

Wunsz wrote:i thought ALL effects of an elixir lasted 7.30 minutes, including the wounds - so now i am stuck with a rot gut which i don't know how to treat.

if you guys introduced new wounds then let's also have info on how to treat them - shouldn't it be written in the wound description how to get rid of it or if it will disappear of itself?

What i can say as a man who was trying to find a cure because i did what you did: headache and rot gut are longest wound. Maddening rush/aching joints are healing way faster so try to swap your rot gut on those wounds. Be careful tho, since alchemy is bugged you can get 2 wounds instead of 1 in the description. Or don't try your luck and find some ancient roots.
Lalaxx

Postby rhzk » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:56 pm

lol heh nice ehleksir lel
rhzk

Postby Lunarius_Haberdash » Wed Aug 05, 2020 8:35 pm

MrBunzy wrote:The big question is are the attributes of the ingredients going to be randomized with world resets like with fishing bait?
Making the huge spreadsheets for this could be fun, but less so if the progress will all be reset when the world ends.

This doesn't seem to happen with fishing bait according to my still-effective worksheet from last world.
This really *should* happen with each world reset though, because that would be amazing.

Millions of combinations

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas.
jorb: I don't want *your* money. You are rude and boring. Go away.
Sevenless: We already know real life has some pretty shitty game mechanics, it's why we're here instead.
Avu: The end is near it has finally come to pass: I agree with Lunarius...
Shubla: There are also other reasons to play this game than to maximize your stat gain.
Lunarius_Haberdash

Postby AtoB » Wed Aug 05, 2020 9:25 pm

Lunarius_Haberdash wrote:
MrBunzy wrote:The big question is are the attributes of the ingredients going to be randomized with world resets like with fishing bait?
Making the huge spreadsheets for this could be fun, but less so if the progress will all be reset when the world ends.

This doesn't seem to happen with fishing bait according to my still-effective worksheet from last world.
This really *should* happen with each world reset though, because that would be amazing.

As long as they also implement Tedium: fine with me.
AtoB

Postby peanutzrgud » Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:42 am

jordancoles wrote:
Wunsz wrote:i thought ALL effects of an elixir lasted 7.30 minutes, including the wounds - so now i am stuck with a rot gut which i don't know how to treat.

if you guys introduced new wounds then let's also have info on how to treat them - shouldn't it be written in the wound description how to get rid of it or if it will disappear of itself?

RIP

Can I have ur stuff

Can u pls quit
peanutzrgud

Postby Bearcub » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:15 am

Any idea what is required to make any of alchemical tools as I got the recipe for the table only?
Bearcub

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Aug 07, 2020 7:39 am

Bearcub wrote:Any idea what is required to make any of alchemical tools as I got the recipe for the table only?

You need to discover and make Rough Polish for most of them. Rough Polish is made from 1 sand, 1 wax and 1 dried hide. The tripod requires hard metal (nuggets), clay and a candle.
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Bearcub » Fri Aug 07, 2020 9:59 am

Amanda44 wrote:
Bearcub wrote:Any idea what is required to make any of alchemical tools as I got the recipe for the table only?

You need to discover and make Rough Polish for most of them. Rough Polish is made from 1 sand, 1 wax and 1 dried hide. The tripod requires hard metal (nuggets), clay and a candle.

Thanks a lot! I've never made that rough polish. Should make now a candle too
Bearcub

Postby TalosB » Mon Aug 10, 2020 6:13 pm

Hi everybody!, i also need a little help ith Alchemy: what do i need to make/discover to be able to make a Burette?

- Also, i have some thought about Alchemy itself: as I see, everything in the whole world can be an alchemical ingridient, not only herbs & shrooms & minerals, but also meet, wood, furs, lether, wax, etc. So the question is when do we will have those items to be used as an Alchemy ingridients? And may be duration of Elixirs shoud be tweaked, because i think, 7,5 minutes is too short for some of them(Battle-potions is fine, 7,5 minutes is far more then enough, but for the civil potions 7,5 minutes completely aren't)

- Also, sorry for little off-top about Coocking(but i think cooking is a kind of Alchemy, honestly), but when do we are be able to do several kinds soups(vegetable, with meat and with fish), which is second of the most ancient forms of prepared food forms(first were fried-on-stones/branches-meat)?

- Also, we can make a Kebab, but can't do just minced meat, from which also can be made a lot of cool stuff(pancakes with minced meat is great IRL! Also cutlets/risolle!), yet mincer itself we DO have, on which we do sausages/snags/kebab...
TalosB

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements