Game Development: Circle the Wagon

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Circle the Wagon

Postby vatas » Sun Sep 06, 2020 3:18 pm

Gelom90 wrote:How to break camp wagon?
I had the imprudence to put the master key inside the wagon

camp at my village claim

If you never made any copies of it (slave or master), it sounds like a Wrecking Ball time.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 06, 2020 6:49 pm

vatas wrote:
Gelom90 wrote:How to break camp wagon?
I had the imprudence to put the master key inside the wagon

camp at my village claim

If you never made any copies of it (slave or master), it sounds like a Wrecking Ball time.

That.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby sabinati » Mon Sep 07, 2020 8:08 am

jorb wrote:
sabinati wrote:close enough, give hat please

Woah! Statute of limitations on that shit, dawg.

nah
sabinati

Postby Gelom90 » Mon Sep 07, 2020 7:10 pm

broke a wagon camp - a horse which was locked in the camp disappeared with him
Gelom90

Postby jorb » Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:04 am

Gelom90 wrote:broke a wagon camp - a horse which was locked in the camp disappeared with him

Ouch. Any leads on what could have caused it? Will look at it.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

jorb

Postby Schattengaenger » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:36 pm

Is it intentinal that it is impossible to used scetchbookpages on the two latest models of objects with variable building materials?
Is it simply for a hinted update that changes some code in this regard and it would be bothersome to chnage it for newly implemented objects? I don't get it, it is just really upsetting to know it is impossible only after the structure is finished ...
Schattengaenger

Postby vatas » Sat Sep 12, 2020 4:56 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:Is it intentinal that it is impossible to used scetchbookpages on the two latest models of objects with variable building materials?
Is it simply for a hinted update that changes some code in this regard and it would be bothersome to chnage it for newly implemented objects? I don't get it, it is just really upsetting to know it is impossible only after the structure is finished ...

It's always been the case that custom sketch can only be applied while the object/structure is being built.

Arguably you should be able to apply it afterwards, not sure how big of a technical challenge this is.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 12:58 pm

You misunderstand. I don't mean the picture/painting you can set on it, I have though of that. No I was trying to use custom image sketchbook pages to change the building colors of the structure. I don't have that much plane, maple and hazel to build my stuff pretty and not nearly enough patients to get enough different woods and stzones to properly "color" it with a small supply of wanted materials.
Schattengaenger

Postby jorb » Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:08 pm

Schattengaenger wrote:Is it intentinal that it is impossible to used scetchbookpages on the two latest models of objects with variable building materials?

Hmmwat? What buildings are you refering to? It is certainly not intended.

jorb

Postby Schattengaenger » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:49 pm

The wagon station and the alchemy table.
Truth be told, I haven't checked one thing yet. If it is a problem with costum clients only.
I will look into that tomorrow when I'm back from work and let you know.

Thank you for responding.
Schattengaenger

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements