Game Development: Homing Dove

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Homing Dove

Postby Stoneface » Mon Sep 21, 2020 9:15 pm

"so you need a bird, eh?" and damn realistic amounts of bird crap in the screenshot...lol
Stoneface

Postby jordancoles » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:17 am

Nightdawg wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:if you carry one with you and you get attacked you can send it home with your most valuable item, ooh, Jorb, can you make them fit in your tool belt?[/img]

We can carry 25 b12's in our toolbelt, I don't see why a dove wouldn't fit in it, or even better, why it wouldn't be able to fly home with my b12 :lol:

I'm just going to send my belt with all of my b12s in it home if I'm getting ganked
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:28 am

I have this image in my head now of a full scale battle and all these homing doves being released, everyone stops fighting each other whilst they try to kill or catch the doves escaping with the loot! :lol:

So now warriors will be carrying birds and bunnies! Wonder what small critter will be next! Only in Haven ..... :D
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby shubla » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:14 pm

Amanda44 wrote:I have this image in my head now of a full scale battle and all these homing doves being released, everyone stops fighting each other whilst they try to kill or catch the doves escaping with the loot! :lol:

So now warriors will be carrying birds and bunnies! Wonder what small critter will be next! Only in Haven ..... :D

Sadly that will not happen. People will spawn 100 bots to strategic locations to hunt these pigeons and it will be no fun for anyone. But devs support botting and evil players so its OK and will not ever be fixed!
Maybe you can pay some money to the botter so he leaves your pigeons alone.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Pickard » Wed Sep 23, 2020 11:14 pm

Amanda44 wrote:I have this image in my head now of a full scale battle and all these homing doves being released, everyone stops fighting each other whilst they try to kill or catch the doves escaping with the loot! :lol:

Haven needs stealing rats. Highly trained burglar rat can infiltrate through palisade, steal one random item and bring it home.
w15 Trust me bro w14 Arcanum w13 Arcanum w12 Action w11 Willowroot w10 Dis w9 Hive w8 Core w7 H.A.W.X/Progress w6 Dis/Disneyland w5 Peace/Late Project
Pickard

Postby Agrik » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:13 am

Pickard wrote:Haven needs stealing rats. Highly trained burglar rat can infiltrate through palisade, steal one random item and bring it home.
Cats when?
Agrik

Postby Amanda44 » Thu Sep 24, 2020 7:53 am

Pickard wrote:Haven needs stealing rats. Highly trained burglar rat can infiltrate through palisade, steal one random item and bring it home.

That would be pretty neat tbh. I read a book recently where rats were used as instruments in breaking out of a jail, amongst other things, it was done by supernatural means though rather than training. Lol. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Amanda44

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Sep 24, 2020 9:45 am

Agrik wrote:
Cats when?

TBH yeah and they leave scents but the sprite for them is insanely tiny
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Vesena » Thu Sep 24, 2020 3:46 pm

Do eggs despawn if the bird incubating them is scared off? One vanished and that's the only logical explanation I can think of.
Vesena

Postby Amanda44 » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:18 am

Vesena wrote:Do eggs despawn if the bird incubating them is scared off? One vanished and that's the only logical explanation I can think of.

Mine flew off and left an egg, I thought maybe they would come back so left the dovecote alone for a day, checked on the third day and the doves hadn't returned but the egg was still there. I took it out at that point. There are doves in there again now but I'm frightened to look in the stupid thing for fear of scaring them off and they abandon another egg!
Koru wrote:
Amanda44

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements