Game Development: UI Scaling

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: UI Scaling

Postby Jalpha » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Yes, I am sure they have the resources to deal with any situation. I simply wish to raise the point that one must be careful of whom one may be dealing with is all.

I also wanted to ensure those advocating so strongly for such implementations are properly aware of the risks faced by the developers.

Hopefully these concerns are unwarranted.
Laying flat.
Jalpha
Under curfew

Postby Apocoreo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 7:20 pm

I think others covered the build mode pretty well but I want to reiterate that that's what the grid bound boxes and the like are to me. They help us build beautiful towns with precision. I think of Fallout 4, a game very clearly not designed for construction, has a build mode that is a functional, if not uhhh... good. The grid stays off unless I'm building or mining.

Also the badcam is incredible for mining. The base isometric angle is frustrating for seeing you escape route in situations where you are mining 1 tile wide and worried about boreworms and slimes. It's even worse for trying to click the right grid. When mining without supports early world, a misclick can be lethal.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Thaydi » Sat Oct 17, 2020 8:47 pm

Apocoreo wrote:I think others covered the build mode pretty well but I want to reiterate that that's what the grid bound boxes and the like are to me. They help us build beautiful towns with precision. I think of Fallout 4, a game very clearly not designed for construction, has a build mode that is a functional, if not uhhh... good. The grid stays off unless I'm building or mining.

Also the badcam is incredible for mining. The base isometric angle is frustrating for seeing you escape route in situations where you are mining 1 tile wide and worried about boreworms and slimes. It's even worse for trying to click the right grid. When mining without supports early world, a misclick can be lethal.

I agree with everything this man has said about the "building mode". I've always been a larper, so the only use I have to the grid is to make a pretty town and know what I'm mining. +1 to this suggestion.
World 10 - Founder and Duke of the Duchy of Rattenschloß
World 9 - Founder of Meadhaus County
Thaydi

Postby Zedasc » Sat Oct 17, 2020 11:24 pm

Speaking about scaling, how about make this site mobile friendly?
Zedasc

Postby vatas » Sun Oct 18, 2020 11:56 am

The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Tells you how to try and escape, and make it less likely to die when caught.)
vatas

Postby talon00302 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:55 pm

vatas wrote:PSA: this client works. https://github.com/Cediner/ArdClient/re ... v1unstable

Naylok is a top lad too > : )
talon00302

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:08 pm

we need to summon Ard, who'll blame another bootlegger here (and post about Snail's hard work for making game better)
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Ardennesss » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:15 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:we need to summon Ard, who'll blame another bootlegger here (and post about Snail's hard work for making game better)
Hi I'm here, pls let my client die and also all hail queen snail.
ImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
Ardennesss

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Sun Oct 18, 2020 6:17 pm

The Black Messa was served, we can all sleep well now, thx, Masta
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby Forik » Mon Nov 02, 2020 8:55 pm

Holy crap, this new map is amazing, thanks Jorb and Loftar!

Also, any chance we can get an unlocked (not bound by cardinal directions) ortho camera? Is there any console command to force one?
Forik

Previous

Return to Announcements