Game Development: Setting Icons

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Setting Icons

Postby mvgulik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 10:55 am

vatas wrote:my planned response of "just use shift+enter so you load up as an eyeball first and can abort the transfer if it's unsafe" won't help with this one.

I don't see why something like that could not be implemented though.
mvgulik

Postby Fostik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:29 pm

Rewriting one custom client feature per week, rather than use already existent and tested by thousands of people opensource code of any custom clients, plus, no new ingame features, or changes to old ones?
Well, the good thing in this story is that after 2-3 years of development like that we will have 50% of current amber features in vanilla.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby Nightdawg » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:46 pm

Fostik wrote:Rewriting one custom client feature per week, rather than use already existent and tested by thousands of people opensource code of any custom clients, plus, no new ingame features, or changes to old ones?
Well, the good thing in this story is that after 2-3 years of development like that we will have 50% of current amber features in vanilla.

Oh my god I would rather have 1 custom client feature per week till the world resets rather than an extra useless bird/mushroom per week, what are you even talking about? This is legitimately the best patch and it shows a great change of direction.
Keep them coming loftar :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
if you're reading this, you're a nerd.
Nightdawg

Postby Fostik » Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:53 pm

Don't get me wrong this is still good, but IMO those features can be cherry picked from Amber/Ender repositories and added by dozens per week, if only not devs recognized custom clients as evil.
Known as zunzon. Contact discord: zunzon.
Fostik

Postby loftar » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:17 pm

SnuggleSnail wrote:At very least I think everybody would agree dying in a loading screen is less than ideal, and oh boy, I've killed a lot of people in house loading screens.

I think the loading-screen situation should already be improved quite a fair bit in the rendering client, unless there are some more improvements that could be made that I'm not aware of. Not sure if you've tried it.

Fostik wrote:Don't get me wrong this is still good, but IMO those features can be cherry picked from Amber/Ender repositories and added by dozens per week, if only not devs recognized custom clients as evil.

If you missed it in the last update thread, you can start reading somewhere around here for some discussion around those questions. I'd also like to add, though, that merging even code that I agree fully with isn't actually free, because if I don't study it and read it through, I'll eventually wind up not knowing my way around my own client.
"Object-oriented design is the roman numerals of computing." -- Rob Pike
loftar

Postby Schattengaenger » Mon Oct 19, 2020 7:47 pm

Enjoyment_2 wrote:imagine turning all the icons on and trying to see anything on that shit

try doing that on a custom clinet .... won't change the outcome, but this looks better than triangles, squares and whatnot. Honestly, you had some good input in the past but at this point it is just dev bashing. Time to block your posts again.
Schattengaenger

Postby mvgulik » Tue Oct 20, 2020 5:25 am

Schattengaenger wrote:looks better than triangles, squares and whatnot.

Looks ... Clearly you have never actually used them for real. But than again, neither have devs (which probably also consider such a feature cheating, as its not in the official client).

Needles to say that for both systems the same rule applies: Best used sparingly.
mvgulik

Postby Apocoreo » Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:18 am

I mean it's cyan triangle, circles, and stars on ambers.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Kirche » Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:07 pm

Good update, while you guys are focused on QoL features, a way to quickly fill granaries, barrels, and troughs with seeds would be greatly appreciated, very tired of having to spam right click thousands of times every time I farm.

Possibly in line with the logic of being an "open container" as is described in the help menu
Kirche

Postby Artemiswhb » Tue Oct 20, 2020 2:43 pm

mvgulik wrote:(which probably also consider such a feature cheating, as its not in the official client)

:roll: Why else would loftar make his client open source? So people can change it to their liking..... are you by any chance a sMartins alt account? Because both of you keep crying about custom clients in the same manner :roll:
Artemiswhb

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements