Game Development: Off Grid

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Off Grid

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 11, 2020 1:30 am

WowGain wrote:someone who's trying to get an accurate picture of the state of the game

If somebody confuses that state of the game is 2d he is probably too dumb to play the game. Front page has trailer with 3d characters, and the 2d pictures have text "uploaded 2009" and such in them!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby dafels » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:27 pm

I agree with shuble
dafels

Postby Apocoreo » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:28 pm

I think having public official media and documentation out of date is an accurate picture of the game. I am reminded of Mechwarrior Online. This is a vehicle-combat game where new vehicles were regularly added. The official wiki was never updated when new vehicles were added though. Just checked their website, looks a bit better now.

All I'm really trying to say is professionalism and polish out of game attracts new players. I'll acknowledge it's still more important to have professionalism and polish ingame to KEEP those players.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:22 pm

Ok, so we have a new patch locked and loaded, but loftar is having some issues with his ISP. If they get resolved soonish we will push tonight, but most likely we'll have to do it tomorrow instead. Apologies.
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:24 pm

jorb wrote:Ok, so we have a new patch locked and loaded, but loftar is having some issues with his ISP. If they get resolved soonish we will push tonight, but most likely we'll have to do it tomorrow instead. Apologies.

I've too had some issues with the internet in recent hours! Maybe it's some wider conspiracy...
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ricky » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 pm

Give us a little tease Papa jorb let us see what you've got in store
Have a question? Need help? Tired of people asking questions? Haven and Hearth Wiki.
jorb wrote:Ideally the game should play itself.

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
ricky

Postby talon00302 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 pm

jorb wrote:Ok, so we have a new patch locked and loaded, but loftar is having some issues with his ISP. If they get resolved soonish we will push tonight, but most likely we'll have to do it tomorrow instead. Apologies.

I bet it’s Swedish Verizon ;)
talon00302

Postby KwonChiMin » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:26 pm

pls some spoilers. we will have lobotomy made by the release time.
KwonChiMin

Postby Finigini » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:40 am

If the patch drops tonight I'm going to force my friends to play. They might have said they are down to play again but that won't last long.
Finigini

Postby Schattengaenger » Thu Nov 26, 2020 1:29 pm

jorb wrote:
noindyfikator wrote:Great update! Please consider adding option to "free" camera. Having only 4 view angles is very frustrating when moving from custom client

:cam bad

You can activate it in the console.

You cannot be serious. There is a reason you labeled this cam as bad! Doesn't mean Ortho cam is perfect.
This change would make a great many people happier, so I hope you consider this again!
Schattengaenger

Previous

Return to Announcements