Game Development: Off Grid

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Off Grid

Postby WESKERBOY » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:38 am

Keep up the good work. Is amazing that default Is having some custom features (primarly the ones why I use custom client) with this I definetly change to default, I love day and night cycles, normal crops and other stuff, It feels more real. Now maybe some additions to content Will keep the player base.

Verifying Is the Best 15 bucks spent so far after all this changes.
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby TNTlife » Mon Nov 09, 2020 12:59 am

I seriously appreciate the changes you two have been making in the past month.

Like others have said there are still a good few QoL changes that are missing from the default that custom clients have (such as putting Quality numbers on items instead of having to hover over them to see qualities or being able to take a specific amount of items from a stockpile) but it's turning out a lot better than what it was before you added the UI scaling and went on a roll with these changes. Keep it up!
W11: Hermit
W12: Hermit turned villager of Avalon
W13: Hunter of Norsca
W14: Chef of ???
TNTlife

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:03 am

There could be an additional checkbox next to the toggling of the icon on map, which would allow you to toggle on notifications for certain items. When the checkbox is ticked, "X seen" text with sound effect would appear, similar to the notification that you get when you see a new icon for the first time.

jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Also icon filtering would be nice to remove the garbage

There is an icon settings menu...? Anything else you need?

I think that he means the same thing that I did earlier: you cannot toggle off quest tree icons from your map for example currently.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby WESKERBOY » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:11 am

TNTlife wrote:I seriously appreciate the changes you two have been making in the past month.

Like others have said there are still a good few QoL changes that are missing from the default that custom clients have (such as putting Quality numbers on items instead of having to hover over them to see qualities or being able to take a specific amount of items from a stockpile) but it's turning out a lot better than what it was before you added the UI scaling and went on a roll with these changes. Keep it up!

Quality can be toggled on toggle menu
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby mvgulik » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:13 am

Kinda funny Ender made grid unavailable in Ender-client with his last client update a few days ago.
Devs reasons on the subject seem weak at best, borderline bs seems more like it.

But that again, its a Trump world in general anyway. So nothing new under the sun.
mvgulik

Postby WowGain » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:46 am

W7 Hermit, Honorary Ruskie
W8 Hermit
W10 Hermit
W12 Hermit
W13 Oppidian, Lawspeaker of Duckshead Bay, Straumfjord
W14 Oppidian, Aldermann of Aldorice Reodcomba, Lord of Eirinsk, Duke of Sasheim
WowGain

Postby Clemence » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:47 am

More fun hats, we are living gloomy times you know.
Clemence

Postby TheOriginalFive » Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:58 am

I hope in future the default client is able to save a list of account names.
TheOriginalFive

Postby SnuggleSnail » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:43 am

Good patch!

jorb wrote:
  • Shift-Clicking an herb will now pick it, without the intermediary step of a flower menu, and the character will then continue to pick all other herbs of the same type.

Would it be possible to do this with, like, everything? Just a keybind modifier for flower menu option 1-5. It would be really cool if I could hold down shift+1 or something (((rebindable))) to get into a knarr faster, or some such. I can see it being especially useful for repetitive inventory tasks, like eating, since you could just hold the modifier and click on 20 pieces of food instead of going through 20 flower menus in sequential order
"We specialize in permadeath and forum drama." -man who removed death and deletes every drama thread
http://www.seatribe.se/
SnuggleSnail

Postby Chebermech » Mon Nov 09, 2020 3:34 am

Nice, the only reason i used custom clients personally in the past 2 worlds was due to being able to turn on the grid and bounding/collision boxes in order to build some things which is impossible to do without these 2 features. one can only hope that the bounding boxes will be added to the standard client to satisfy some of our autistic / artistic needs. Though truth be told, most people who care about their survival, progress and efficiency are still going to be using custom clients, including people who just started playing.
Chebermech

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements