Game Development: Off Grid

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Off Grid

Postby NeoBasilisk » Mon Nov 09, 2020 9:46 am

I haven't tried the default client in forever. Is there a way I can automatically display the quality over items in your inventory without needing to hover over it?
NeoBasilisk

Postby vatas » Mon Nov 09, 2020 10:23 am

NeoBasilisk wrote:I haven't tried the default client in forever. Is there a way I can automatically display the quality over items in your inventory without needing to hover over it?

(A)dventure -> (T)oggles -> Display (Q)uality on Items.
The most actively maintained Haven and Hearth Wiki (Not guaranteed to be up-to-date with all w14 changes.)

Basic Claim Safety (And what you’re doing wrong) (I recommend you read it in it's entirety, but TL:;DR: Build a Palisade.)

Combat Guide (Overview, PVE, PVP) (Includes how to escape/minimize risk of getting killed.)
vatas

Postby Enjoyment_2 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 11:08 am

Chebermech wrote:Nice, the only reason i used custom clients personally in the past 2 worlds was due to being able to turn on the grid and bounding/collision boxes in order to build some things which is impossible to do without these 2 features. one can only hope that the bounding boxes will be added to the standard client to satisfy some of our autistic / artistic needs. Though truth be told, most people who care about their survival, progress and efficiency are still going to be using custom clients, including people who just started playing.

If you add top-down camera to this, or at least free ortho, me-builder will be on your side, but me-player still won't be happy w/o quality-sorting mass-transfer, livestock manager and some other extenstions like "kill all silkmoths" (definitely won't do any silkworks w/o it) or built-in timers.
Enjoyment_2
Under curfew

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:39 pm

Chebermech wrote:Nice, the only reason i used custom clients personally in the past 2 worlds was due to being able to turn on the grid and bounding/collision boxes in order to build some things which is impossible to do without these.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby mvgulik » Mon Nov 09, 2020 2:52 pm

jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Also icon filtering would be nice to remove the garbage

There is an icon settings menu...? Anything else you need?

Of course not.
What can be wrong with just a simple list where you can (only) toggle every individual element separately.
Its not like its a very long list, right. (Or that its contains particular different group-type element-collections all merged into one.)
If it 'was' kinda long 'it might' be a different matter ... if one actually would try to make some useful use of it while actually 'playing' the game of course.

See. Its not a very long list.
mvgulik

Postby DDDsDD999 » Mon Nov 09, 2020 5:51 pm

jorb wrote:
jordancoles wrote:Also icon filtering would be nice to remove the garbage

There is an icon settings menu...? Anything else you need?

I think he meant filtering as in a search bar in the icon menu, or ways to group the icons.
DDDsDD999

Postby Infernoimpz » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:11 pm

Good update.

My list of things till I would have zero issue swapping to default client when the customs break:

1) Bounding boxes (to organize things in my base).
2) Miniature trees (so I can see the other half of my base without constantly rotating my screen).
3) Show structure damage %(very useful when making repairs).
Infernoimpz

Postby Thaydi » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:38 pm

Infernoimpz wrote:Good update.

My list of things till I would have zero issue swapping to default client when the customs break:

1) Bounding boxes (to organize things in my base).
2) Miniature trees (so I can see the other half of my base without constantly rotating my screen).
3) Show structure damage %(very useful when making repairs).

Of these I think only the second point is not completely necessary. It would impact the overall look of the game that jorb is trying to maintain.

The other two suggestions are fairly mandatory. It is hard to keep track of damages without the floating DMG%. And bounding boxes are also needed for a good, organized base.
World 10 - Founder and Duke of the Duchy of Rattenschloß
World 9 - Founder of Meadhaus County
Thaydi

Postby Cayur » Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:59 pm

very naise update, i laik
Cayur

Postby mvgulik » Mon Nov 09, 2020 7:38 pm

Did someone suggested a Icon-settings search feature ...

Seems the client already has something that ... kinda resembles that (depending on who one would ask that of course).

How can anyone overlook that, dev's even made a note about it in previous patch topic. :cry:
mvgulik

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements