Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Postby jorb » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 pm

We've been developing, and here's what's new.

New Implementations
-----------------------
  • The second head equipment slot has been split into three, effectively adding two more equipment slots. The three new slots, replacing secondary head slot, are: Mouth, Eyes, Amulet.
  • Extended the implementation of the light overlays first implemented in last year's Christmas patch. Light overlays can now be added with relative ease, and we have added twinkle and spark to the Candelabrum, and the Cave Angler's bait. Aiming to use this more.

Key Fixes
-----------------------
  • Redrew the Equipment Screen background in 4x size to support higher UI resolutions.
  • If you shift-click to open the Wagon interface, you will get a sticky unpack interface which doesn't close when moving away from the wagon. Should be implemented for ships as well.

Small Fixes
-----------------------
  • Added helpful descriptive tooltips to the headlines on the first page of the character sheet. (Base Attributes, Food Events Points, Food Satiations, Hunger).

As always, if you liked what we did here: Support the patch.

Today's Patch Items, for the fair price of $9 is the "Flagship Captain's Hat"

Store Description wrote:Image$9 A hat to chart the clouds, and bravely dare the open skies. All aboard, and anchors aweigh! Yonder, the zeppelin rises!

All Gold subscribers have been awarded the "Flagship Captain's Hat", free of charge.

In the Pipe
-----------------------
  • Again urging any custom client maker who wishes to stay relevant to get with the new rendering times. Support for the old resources will be dropped at some point.
  • An update to the server-client protocol is the next project in the pipe. It is a relatively limited scope project to allow for better definitions of objects in relation to other objects (E.g. bubbling retort standing on lit tripod burner with variable materials, standing on an Alchemist's table. That kind of stuff). One upside is that it could allow us to add variable materials to tools and equipment. This is necessary for the next project after, namely Object Controlled Objects, which we consider the next major milestone in development.
  • Time to... like us on Facebook?
  • Time to... follow us on Twitter?

UPDATE YOUR CLIENTS... if you want the above listed changes to equipment, tooltips, and lights.

Enjoy!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Re: Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Postby shubla » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:54 pm

I wonder if patches will be on mondays from this day on. Also, do you have plans to add visible toggleable bounding boxes? Most requested feature at the moment!
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby jordancoles » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:56 pm

Cool hat, and the equipment slots will be interesting I'm sure
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Apocoreo » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Cool updoot. I was just killing an angler before this update. I wonder if the lighting effects work on dead anglers, dropped lights, and the Cave angler cape.

... Wouldn't make too much sense, as it's dead. Might be cool. I'll check it out when the server's up again.

Edit: Dropped cave angler lights don't glow, makes sense though.
Last edited by Apocoreo on Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
i like game grumps

#1 Moloch acolyte
Apocoreo

Postby Zentetsuken » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 pm

Zentetsuken

Postby algorithm » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:18 pm

Actually, the best features will be animal management like in amber or similar and/or mass action applied to the same items in inventory.
algorithm wrote:Cape awarded? ;)

jorb wrote:Oh, for sure. Delivery 2022. ;)
algorithm

Postby druid » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:29 pm

Cave Angler Cape .... ???
druid

Postby WESKERBOY » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:40 pm

KEEP THE GOOD WORK
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby Kayneth » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:41 pm

That happens only when you lifting something up. :(
Kayneth

Postby Kirche » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:57 pm

• If you shift-click to open the Wagon interface, you will get a sticky unpack interface which doesn't close when moving away from the wagon. Should be implemented for ships as well.

Excellent feature, perhaps you would consider viewtopic.php?f=48&t=69447 for next patch?

Fixing small annoyances like this is great and goes a long way towards making the game more enjoyable, they might be small like i said, but they add up over time in frustration :)
Kirche

Next

Return to Announcements