Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Postby jordancoles » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:47 am

Could we get an option to increase scrollwheel/zoom speed in the default client? It's really slow right now and it gets in the way pretty often for me
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

Postby Schattengaenger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:18 am

Always nice to see these QoL improvments.

As much as i hate to agree with shubla on anything bounding boxes would be nice for optimized item placement. Don't much care about cupboards taking up a bit less than a square but packing piles of dirt, bones, Skins and other stuff as closely as possible is a Thing I used to do everyday and it Pretty hard to Keep doing on vanilla. Also since Buildings aren't block sized either, bounding boxes are absolutly nessesary for me to plan terraforming around them and placing them edge to edge.
BUT, truth be told it is more annoying to have the engle snap on the camera when zoomed out. I think the bad cam is appropiatly named, but my plot is build in a way that these diagonal angles obstruct my view every time.

That said I really like your direction Right now and hope we can get to Object controlled Objects by the end of next year?
Keep it up!
Schattengaenger

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:23 am

So, just had to log onto default to remove my monocle after the update and yes, it is good to see some of these improvements, for me personally though I would like to see bounding boxes, crop stage (spent a minute and a half wondering why I couldn't make her harvest the barley before realising it was because it isn't ready yet ... :P )
And I also very much miss the simple crops, the hand slots, and probably much, much more, but I'd had enough of not being able to see anything, lol, and logged back into Amber, now without being able to wear my monocle ... sucks!

I tried to use Enders but it just won't work for me, no idea why - tbh, I just want Romovs back ... :cry:
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby Schattengaenger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:58 am

Amanda44 wrote:I also very much miss the simple crops

I have a hard time wrapping m had around why anyone would like to have simple crops if not just for performance (which shouldn't be a Problem with the new renderer), so pleas enlighten me.

+ for hand slots and the single line belt thing from amber.
Schattengaenger

Postby boreial » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:04 am

Schattengaenger wrote:

I have a hard time wrapping m had around why anyone would like to have simple crops if not just for performance (which shouldn't be a Problem with the new renderer), so pleas enlighten me.

You do understand that everyone has differing views on aesthetics?
boreial

Postby Amanda44 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:12 am

boreial wrote:
Schattengaenger wrote:

You do understand that everyone has differing views on aesthetics?

Yeah, Boreial has his finger on the pulse, for me, it just looks too messy, originally it was more for performance issues but now I'm used to it and it just looks neater ... purely personal aesthetics. :)
Koru wrote:
It is like in Lord of the Flies, nobody controlls what is going on in the hearthlands, those weaker and with conscience are just fucked.
Animal lovers - Show us your pets! - viewtopic.php?f=40&t=44444#p577254
Amanda44

Postby iamahh » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:26 am

+1 for zoom speed option

+2 for Cave Angler Cape as source of light

+0.5 for keybind to alternate cameras
Last edited by iamahh on Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:22 pm, edited 4 times in total.
iamahh

Postby Clemence » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:28 am

my computer to can't stand this messyness
Clemence

Postby BorikGor » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:41 am

Amanda44 wrote:So, just had to log onto default to remove my monocle after the update and yes, it is good to see some of these improvements, for me personally though I would like to see bounding boxes, crop stage (spent a minute and a half wondering why I couldn't make her harvest the barley before realising it was because it isn't ready yet ... :P )
And I also very much miss the simple crops, the hand slots, and probably much, much more, but I'd had enough of not being able to see anything, lol, and logged back into Amber, now without being able to wear my monocle ... sucks!

I tried to use Enders but it just won't work for me, no idea why - tbh, I just want Romovs back ... :cry:

Spoken like a true Amber user.. :)

The above really is a must, plus the isometric view without snapping to edges. Option for hiding objects (trees/fences/buildings) might solve the binding boxes request.
BorikGor

Postby jordancoles » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:52 am

BorikGor wrote:
Amanda44 wrote:So, just had to log onto default to remove my monocle after the update and yes, it is good to see some of these improvements, for me personally though I would like to see bounding boxes, crop stage (spent a minute and a half wondering why I couldn't make her harvest the barley before realising it was because it isn't ready yet ... :P )

Spoken like a true Amber user.. :)

The above really is a must, plus the isometric view without snapping to edges. Option for hiding objects (trees/fences/buildings) might solve the binding boxes request.

Left click the floor ingame and then type :cam bad
Press enter to get the "bad" camera

If you want the default back type :cam ortho
Duhhrail wrote:No matter how fast you think you can beat your meat, Jordancoles lies in the shadows and waits to attack his defenseless prey. (tl;dr) Don't afk and jack off. :lol:

Check out my pro-tips thread
Image Image Image
jordancoles

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements