Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Announcements about major changes in Haven & Hearth.

Re: Game Development: Twinkle-Twinkle

Postby Forik » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:43 am

TenguCheddar wrote:
vatas wrote:I feel :cam ortho would be lot more usable (at least for me) if you could freely choose the angle, rather than having to pick one of the four fixed angles.

I 2nd that, main reason why i used to play on ambers..

This, please!
Forik

Postby valeriesusanne » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:14 pm

Since everyone here is talking about desired tweeks, I have a one :)
Maybe it's just me (?) but I'm never sure how much time is left in the current season. I like the season indicator at the top of the screen in Amber.
Btw, is there a "calendar" somewhere I don't know about? Didn't there used to be one at the bottom of the Wiki homepage?

Oh, and I am really enjoying the recent upgrades! Especially the grid (Homer Simpson drool emoji)
"He doesn't understand. Explain as you would a child." General Roth'h'ar Sarris
valeriesusanne

Postby WESKERBOY » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:45 am

valeriesusanne wrote:Since everyone here is talking about desired tweeks, I have a one :)
Maybe it's just me (?) but I'm never sure how much time is left in the current season. I like the season indicator at the top of the screen in Amber.
Btw, is there a "calendar" somewhere I don't know about? Didn't there used to be one at the bottom of the Wiki homepage?

Oh, and I am really enjoying the recent upgrades! Especially the grid (Homer Simpson drool emoji)

X2

Also aoutodrop option while mining, I mean a miner can diferente beetween rock, ore, precios stone, fossil and catgold. Will be a huge qol improvement
W5 hermit
W6 hermit
Dropout
1/2 w11 hermit other 1/2 citizen of Arkona
WESKERBOY

Postby jorb » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:01 pm

We're working on a small feature that I think will be appreciated, but we haven't quite finished it yet. Will push a patch sometime next week. Apologies!
"The psychological trials of dwellers in the last times will be equal to the physical trials of the martyrs. In order to face these trials we must be living in a different world."

-- Hieromonk Seraphim Rose
jorb

Postby shubla » Sun Nov 22, 2020 7:26 pm

jorb wrote:We're working on a small feature that I think will be appreciated, but we haven't quite finished it yet. Will push a patch sometime next week. Apologies!

Being open about the development once again, thanks jorb! /s
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby Zentetsuken » Sun Nov 22, 2020 8:30 pm

jorb wrote:We're working on a small feature that I think will be appreciated, but we haven't quite finished it yet. Will push a patch sometime next week. Apologies!

Is a wipe a small feature?
Zentetsuken

Postby KwonChiMin » Mon Nov 23, 2020 11:32 am

Zentetsuken wrote:

Is a wipe a small feature?

extremely passive aggressive question
KwonChiMin

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:02 pm

Hey, while you're working on the small feature, why don't you take the texture files you have for the various metal bars/nuggets and color-code the metal/nugget stockpiles? That's a quick tweak, unless you did something weird with the code.
ThorleifCleaver

Postby shubla » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:42 pm

ThorleifCleaver wrote:Hey, while you're working on the small feature, why don't you take the texture files you have for the various metal bars/nuggets and color-code the metal/nugget stockpiles? That's a quick tweak, unless you did something weird with the code.

I think that it is a good idea, but I also recall that devs have earlier stated something about why they are not implementing this.
I'm not sure that I have a strong argument against sketch colors - Jorb, November 2019
http://i.imgur.com/CRrirds.png?1
Join the moderated unofficial discord for the game! https://discord.gg/2TAbGj2
Purus Pasta, The Best Client
shubla

Postby ThorleifCleaver » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:05 pm

shubla wrote:
ThorleifCleaver wrote:Hey, while you're working on the small feature, why don't you take the texture files you have for the various metal bars/nuggets and color-code the metal/nugget stockpiles? That's a quick tweak, unless you did something weird with the code.

I think that it is a good idea, but I also recall that devs have earlier stated something about why they are not implementing this.

I'd be curious as to the reasoning, if that is the case. I can't imagine a single valid argument for not creating visually distinct stockpiles, since the entire point of having graphics for stockpiles is to make them visually distinct. Otherwise, all stockpiles would look like a large bin or something generic. The only thing I could imagine would be the objection that metals can be mixed, thus rendering a single-color stockpile misleading. That's rather easy to fix, though: keep the generic flat grey for mixed piles or create a new, mixed texture for mixed piles. I wouldn't mind something like that for onions, too--no reason a yellow, red, and yellow/red texture couldn't be used for onion stockpiles.

Since I'm on the subject, I would also ask the devs to up the numbers on certain stockpiles to make said piles a valid alternative to chests or cabinets. If nothing else, take five seconds and up onion stockpiles to 60, in line with beetroots. I'm sure this has been asked a million times before, but since the devs are focusing on interface and other quality tweaks, might as well hit this now. It affects nothing save ease of play.
ThorleifCleaver

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements